Ankona suv17 interior

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by Surfincb, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Surfincb

Surfincb I Love microskiff.com!

I'm loving my Ankona, but not liking the interior floor with the blue/white paint splatter. How would I go about redoing that? Can I paint over it with a white, texture of some kind?

Any help appreciated!

2. diliberoj

diliberoj Well-Known Member

Could always add sea dek. I had it in my beavertail and it was easy on the feet. There is probably a higher cost associated with it but it will make it look better. They offer a lot of different color choices as well. I hear cast a way customs does good work.

3. Surfincb

Yeah, looked into that already, pricing was REDICULOUS!!

4. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

I was looking at drideck for my 17--used it on my BC and loved it --- nixed it because of GA. mud-
    it would be my pick down there

5. jms

jms don't let common sense get in your way

depends on what you want...that splatter finish looks terrible,and it looks cheap too...

me,i would sand it out,prime it in duratec surfacer,and awlgrip it - but that's me...

6. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Why duratec surfacer and not 545?

7. jms

the duratec is a high build product,it's a little easier to work with,and i've got 3 cases on the shelf - i use this product alot...

8. Surfincb

Kreepa, how much does that stuff run? Sounds like a plan to me. I agree the splatter looks very cheap and it's yellowing badly!

9. jms

i have a shop - notsure what it retails for -i think around $60 for duratec surfacer
    awlgrip's around $300 - gal of product and needed kicker...

10. Surfincb

Where's your shop?

11. jms

shop's located in new jersey

12. What about HydroTurf?

13. Surfincb

I emailed hydro turf x2 and never got a response.

14. F that. If that stuff is anything like my SUV's Non-skid.. I'll be scrubbing the floor for months... Cleaning the deck of my boat is a PITA.

You can order HydroTurf in large quantities. It sounds like a pretty good idea. I think I can get a very small discount on it being that Im a member of another forum.. I know GatorTrax uses it on their boats. Also you can get foam to put underneath it for real comfortable feel. :D

15. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Used hydro turf for years on a lot of things. It's very durable and have never had any issues so far. Good color selection and pricing.. Sea dek does feel better on the feet though...

16. Surfincb

Dave, about how much does it cost? I know it's a lot cheaper than the other brand :)
    You have the "splash paint" on your suv too?

17. Im not sure I'll have to look.

Yeah, mine is blue but doesnt have that much. There is some discoloration in a few spots though.

I'd personally get something with black and white so it would match my hatches and interior perfectly. My patter would be cut groove with the lines going bow to stern so water would drain easily.. :cool:

18. Surfincb

Mine has really turned color badly. Very yellow now and i'm strict about cleaning. I'm tempted to bleach it and see what happens.

Let me know what you do with yours.

19. suvtillerdriver

suvtillerdriver 2015 SUV 17

Any updates on what worked best? Pictures?