Ankona SUV and Copperhead owners.........

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by Shadowcast, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Shadowcast

Shadowcast Ankona Sales Rep

When I was down in Ft. Pierce for the CCA tournament last week I stopped by the shop to see Mel and one of the ideas that was thrown around was an owners tournament or get-together. Other skiff companies have events where the owners of their skiff get together for a tournament or just to fish together. I think Ankona (80+ skiffs out there and growing everyday) is there with other skiff companies and I think we can try and put something together. It may not be something that can come to fruition until this winter or early next year (low tides). I think this would be a great way to get together, see other anglers' rigging ideas and just have a good time.

The first order of business would be to get a roll call of who is interested, where are you located, and from that information we can find a central location, or a few locations to vote on, to hold the event ( I am going to assume the majority of owners live in Florida....so the first event would happen in Florida). If this becomes a yearly thing...we can move the location each year or keep it central to where owners can make a day or weekend trip out of it. Let me know what you think!

Capt. Jon Bull - SUV 17 - Riverview, FL

2. makin moves

makin moves Well-Known Member

Iam in  :) I was going to bring this topic up with Mel its something I been thinking about for a while

3. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Count me in too. There is a growing contingent along the western Gulf coast, since I'm out in Houston I would have no problem organizing one out here also.

4. makin moves

something like cedar key would be neat. Cool little fishing town and not a bad location for the guys in florida or the guys coming out of state. Just a idea

5. Gonefishin

Gonefishin Since retiring, I live to fish!

Gramps, we tried to organize a microskiff get together here (Port O'Connor) about a year ago, everyone backed out at the last minute. I don't recall but in their defense, weather may have been a factor. But, I am up for another, keep those of us around Texas informed.

Depending on the date, I would be up for a trip to Fla. ;D

6. out-cast

out-cast Well-Known Member

Mel and I have talked about it in the past but neither one of has yet to pursue it.

I'm in!!!! Port Saint Lucie SUV17.

7. High + Dry Adventures

High + Dry Adventures Welcome to the family!

im in just waiting for copperhead delivery. [smiley=1-scarysmoker.gif]

8. Surfincb

Surfincb I Love microskiff.com!

Sounds fun! Daytona Beach area.

9. Cody_F

Cody_F 2012 ankona copperhead 60etec

Im in , My boat should be finished mid to end of july. Im in Matlacha Fl.

10. evanslmtd

evanslmtd Well-Known Member

TC
    Weather was the factor!

11. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

Count me in. I'm in Miami.
    I know Of another copperhead owner down this way, and two others waiting on copperheads.

Last years Microskiff from flaminGo to islamorada, the majority of the skiffs at la jolla were all Ankonas.

12. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

[movedhere] General Discussion [move by] iMacattack.

13. Shadowcast

Well those who are building a Copperhead or a SUV should respond to this thread if they are interested because thisprobably wont happen until the spring.

14. paint it black

I also saw a badass seafoam green SUV17 at the Flamingo Marina on the 4th. I was going to go check it out, but the mosquitoes were in full effect.
    So I dashed over to my buddies HPXT and we were on our way.

15. Shadowcast

Great color!!!

16. makin moves

lets try to keep this idea alive especially since the bash in the marsh has been postpone

17. out-cast

out-cast Well-Known Member

Any suggestions for a location? East/West? I vote New Smyrna/ Oak Hill for the East or Fort Myers/Estero Bay for the West...............

18. paint it black

I vote south. :D

La Jolla was a pretty cool place last time.
    If we're going to do it, might as well do it big, right?

19. makin moves

I just stayed at a place in islamorada that was way better than la jolla for the same price and it a bigger place Iam always down for the keys :) were probley better off with some where like justin mentioned its more centrally located