SOLD/EXPIRED ANKONA SHADOWCAST 18

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by MUD_MINNOW, Aug 14, 2014.

1. MUD_MINNOW

MUD_MINNOW I Love bumping bottom early in the morning

2013 Ankona Shadowcast 18

Guide green and Insignia white

5 year warranty on a 2013 Tohatsu 30hp 4 stroke… motor has less than 10 hours,  Power trim and tilt/ electric and pull start,  Power Tec 4 blade stainless prop as well as never used factory alum,  Minn Kota 55 I-pilot with remote,  V marine push pole holders,  powder coated polling platform w/ 4 rod holders,  guide box with live well and custom cushion,  powder coated grab bar with back rest cushion,  JBL 7.7 marine speakers with waterproof amp and I-phone plug,  auto bilge pump,  12 V plug adapter, waterproof LED’s under gunnel and hatches,  12 gal alum fuel tank,  two deep cycle marine batteries,  65qt Yeti cooler,  livorsi led nav lights, 8’ stick it pin with bracket on the polling platform,  Alum float on trailer with breakaway tongue and alum mag wheels,   Boat motor trailer all have warranties. 

My second child was born in January and momma refuses to load up the kids, dog, herself, me and all the sandbar stuff,  No trades…but I am forced to get a larger boat.  This boat is kept in a climate controlled garage and has been used less than 10 times.  I am crazy about how clean I keep it… it is truly in better than new condition.   Avoid the 8 month wait…… I have more than 19K in it and have all of the receipts to show.

904-814-7488

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. larryg

larryg I Love microskiff.com!

3. MUD_MINNOW

Thank you... she really is flawless!!

4. bermuda

bermuda Well-Known Member

This is a really nice skiff - I took a ride in it a couple months ago before ordering a new one.  I would be all over this if they weren't starting my build :).  Great price too with all the accessories.

5. MUD_MINNOW

Thank you.. It was my pleasure to take you on a test ride....

Two people conning to look at it next week... Had to be out of town this weekend for business.

6. TurnMeLooseFLKeys

TurnMeLooseFLKeys I Love microskiff.com!

What's the draft of this skiff? I tried finding the specified draft on the Ankona website, but I didn't see it. This is the same setup I would do (albeit maybe a different motor) if I were to get a SC.

7. MUD_MINNOW

Draft is 4" with two people... and will run in 6" - 7"

Why a different motor?... A 30 is the max hp for the SC18 (which I have)... Tohatsu is also one of the few manufactures who make a 30hp 15" shaft (15" shaft is what the SC18 was designed for)... Yes other manufactures do make a 30hp in a 15" shaft, but with electric trim and tilt and at the same price?  Tohatsu is one of the larges manufactures of outboard motors world wide.. they have it down when it comes to smaller hp motors... also Tohatsu comes with a 5 year warranty. 

I have been in a SC18 that has a 20 hp and feel that the 30 is much better on performance but does not really effect draft.

Ankona will hang any manufacture of outboard you want on their boats... but they and I agree that this motor is the best fit for the SC18

8. TurnMeLooseFLKeys

TurnMeLooseFLKeys I Love microskiff.com!

My mechanics shop isn't Tohatsu certified. While I am friends with almost all the employees, and trust them to work on anything, I'd rather have a motor I know they're certified to work on.

I've owned a Nissan before and it was a great motor. I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that Nissan and Tohatsu are as similar as Mariner and Mercury. I have no doubt in the Tohatsu being a great motor.

9. MUD_MINNOW

I got ya... Having people you trust to work on your stuff is a good thing.  I haven't had the privilege of meeting my local Tohatsu dealer... Only about 10 hours on my motor.... Tho I hear good things about the one nearest me. 

I could be wrong but I believe Tohatsu makes some Mercury motors... I think 30 and below... Or maybe just the power heads.

10. MUD_MINNOW

Pic of where she is kept... Always 75deg

[​IMG]

Will Jenkins likes this.
  11. MUD_MINNOW

12. bermuda

bermuda Well-Known Member

This is one nice skiff - can't believe it hasn't sold yet.....

13. MUD_MINNOW

Thank you..

Several calls on people who are out of state or on the west coast who like the pics but don't want to make the trip to the East coast.

Chance to save several thousand and several months wait.... again the skiff is cleaner than new and better maintained then you can imagine!!!

I am located in St. Augustine, FL for anyone interested.