Ankona Owners SUPER LURE Fun-ament: 6/29/14 Bradenton

Discussion in 'Events, Open Houses, Shows' started by Shadowcast, May 29, 2014.

1. Shadowcast

Shadowcast Ankona Sales Rep

PLEASE DISREGARD THE THREAD IN THE TOURNAMENT FORUM. WE ARE CHANGING THINGS UP...

It is that time again for owners of Ankona skiffs to get together and do some fishing. The last time we did a West Coast event was 2011 in Tampa Bay, so it's about time to hit the left side again.

Date: June 29, 2014

Place: Palma Sola Boat Ramp on Manatee Ave. (State Road 64) in Bradenton, Florida.

Tournament: We will leave the Super Lure “fun-ament” option to each owner. You may choose to fish the fun-ament or just come fish and hang out after the fun-ament.

-MANDATORY registration and captain's meeting will be the boat ramp from 6:30-7:00 am. We will launch from the beach at 7:15 am.

-Each team MUST bring their measuring device, to be approved by fun-ament officials, to the captain’s meeting on the morning of 6/29/2014.

-Weigh-in will be between 2:30-3:00 pm at the Palma Sola boat ramp on 6/29/14.

-This is a catch-photo-and-release, one lure tournament. The largest snook/redfish/spotted sea trout slam by total combined inches (to the nearest ¼ inch) will win the tournament. Each angler must use one lure (model, color, etc.).

-Anglers may wade fish within sight of their Ankona or Salt Marsh skiff.

-Fun-ament anglers MUST be in line at the Palma Sola boat ramp NO LATER THAN 3:00 pm on 6/28/2014. Anglers arriving at 3:01pm will be disqualified.

-Each angler must provide a digital camera or smartphone to take pictures with.

-The whole fish must be in the picture along with approved measuring device and fun-ament marker. Pictures that do not meet fun-ament requirements will not be counted.

-Snook/redfish/spotted sea trout of ANY size can be measured then carefully released.

-100% payback: 70%-1st place, 30%-2nd place. Tie-breakers will be determined by check in time.

-$20.00 entry fee per angler. Anglers must use only one type of artificial lure. For example: Johnson gold spoon. Anglers may have multiple Johnson gold spoons in possession, but no other lures may be used by that angler. Fees MUST be paid at the captain’s meeting IN CASH.

-Required USCG safety gear must on your vessel. Ankona fun-ament anglers will also show courtesy to other fun-ament and recreational anglers.

After the fun-ament or after your fishing day, there is a spacious beach area to beach your skiff. We will award the winners their cash and then hang out, swap stories, and enjoy each other’s company. Ankona will be grilling out and will have Ankona SWAG for those who attend. Feel free to bring your own food, snacks, drinks, grills, etc. Additional pop up canopies and chairs may come in handy. Families and kids are welcome, of course. If you do not own an Ankona skiff and are interested in seeing some different set-ups in person, this would be a great opportunity. You may even be able to score a quick ride.

Feel free to PM me with any questions! See you there!

2. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

Count me in! Fishing with my buddy Ryan Miller.

3. Shadowcast

If you plan on attending,  please post so we can start getting an idea of how many are coming for food and shirts. Also post your shirt size.

4. paint it black

What about for fly fisherman? Can we select one fly pattern and stick to that one fly pattern?

5. Shadowcast

Sure. I was trying to informalize things and add a new twist to it.

6. mikeregas

mikeregas I Love microskiff.com!

What about for kids? Anything for them in the "Tournament"?

7. Shadowcast

Have them pick a lure and fish it all day long.

8. Shadowcast

Ok...we are less than two weeks out on this thing.  I would like to get an idea who is coming from this forum and we can combine it with the head count else where. I haven't seen them but the shirts that Eric Estrada is having a hand in supposedly look awesome.

Also, is there anyone opposed to changing the weigh in deadline time to 1:00 for the Super Lure fun-ament? Reason being is two fold.  One, it will be hot as Hades by then.  Two, the afternoon storms may blow up shortly after the original 3:00 time which may give us less time to socialize, eat, hang out, etc.

Feel free to PM me if you plan on coming and let me know if you are going to fish the Super Lure.

Let me know your thoughts.

Coming so far:
    Jon Bull/Cyenne Bull - SUV 17
    Max Michalski/Spencer Watson - Salt Marsh 14

9. brevard955

brevard955 I Love microskiff.com!

I'm in. I'll be fishing alone on my CH.....if I still have it.

Jason

10. paint it black

These are the shirts. We are aiming to have these done just in time for the event, but it is busy season as we get ready for some of the biggest shows of the year.

Hope you guys like them, we are printing a large amount, so even those who cannot attend this event will have a chance to pick one up from Mel or Erin.

[​IMG]

11. Shadowcast

They look awesome! Thanks Eric!

12. Shadowcast

Pat/Nola Warren - SUV 17 (2XL and M)

Can't wait to meet everyone!

13. miket

miket I Love microskiff.com!

I was hoping to Christen the new Copperhead in the tournament but it won't be ready. I will be looking to attend the next one though.

14. davefishing

davefishing I Love microskiff.com!

Got to have one or two. What brand of shirt is it?

15. Shadowcast

This was sent in a PM. Others may have have the same questions....

"Hey, couple questions.
    We have never fished a 'one lure' tourney...if you fish a soft plastic, must you use the same size, type hook throughout?

Also, is the beach area that will be used next to the ramp?

I know these things will be answered during the meeting, but we are driving in from Titusville the morning of.....so just trying to be prepared."

If you fish one lure...that is the lure you use. If you use a soft plastic, you must use that particular size and color. However you may rig it on a weedless hook...a jighead....a circle hook....a J hook...etc. You may also have multiples of that size and color bait.

The beach area is tight next to the ramp and staking out your skiff is very easy there.

16. brevard955

brevard955 I Love microskiff.com!

17. Shadowcast

One more change to add some fun and encourage participation: $10 per angler entry fee.

18. Clouser

Clouser I Love microskiff.com!

My wife and I will be there. Both fishing the tournament.

19. paint it black

It is Estrada Art brand.