Ankona Owners Event 6/30/12

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by Shadowcast, May 29, 2012.

1. Shadowcast

Shadowcast Ankona Sales Rep

Okay....this thing has been kicking around for a while so I guess it's time to get serious.  The date is going to be 6/30/12.  The launch site will be the boat ramps located in E.G. Simmons Park.  The ramp dumps you right into Tampa Bay.  From there, it is short ride to the flats of Cockroach Bay or the Little Manatee River.  There should be plenty of snook, redfish and trout on the flats.  There is plenty of parking and it is a safe and secure location.  It costs $7 total to launch your boat at the ramps.  It is worth the piece of mind knowing your stuff is secure.

High tide:  1106  +2.4'
    Low Tide:  1926   -0.2'

Based on that, there is no need to be out there at the crack of dawn.  Launch time will be at 10:00 am.  The tide in the afternoon is going to rock.  The only thing we may need to contend with is an afternoon thunderstorm.....or we may luck out.  I would like to have a time during the day where we can get together on a beach and shoot some pictures of all the skiffs lined up.  Afterwards we can finish off the day at one of three restaurants in the area.  I am looking for a spot that has an outdoor patio and has plenty of parking to accommodate us.  I thought about a cookout at E.G. Simmons Park, but we would be at the mercy of how crowded the park is and what pavilions would be available.  Plus everyone would be loaded down with cookout gear, etc. and the park closes at 7:00 pm.  That being said we need to make sure that we are hitting the ramp at 6:30 pm.  I figured a local restaurant would be a great way to give them some business and would be easier on everyone.

As far as doing a tournament, that would be cool.  I think a $10 pot would suffice.  Then the pot can be split in 3 ways to give an award for biggest redfish, snook, and trout.  What we can do is take pics with the date on the pictures and review them at the restaurant and hand out the winnings then.  The big thing is to get together, enjoy each other's company, catch some fish, and check out each other's rides.

As far as hotels or accomodations, check out the the locations in Sun City Center, Riverview, and Ruskin.  That would put you within 20 minutes of E.G. Simmons Park and the three restaurants I am considering.  I will do some searching and post locations as I find them.

If anyone is handy in putting an image from Google Earth, I would like to have an image of the ramp on here so we all have an idea of where it is.  Beyond that, I am open to suggestions and comments to make this a fun event.

2. Delmer

Delmer I Love microskiff.com!

I'm in.

I am open to meeting up any time before or after. I am not familiar with the area so just tell me where to be and when ( and maybe throw in a couple directions ) and I will be there.

Jon, with that tide so good what time should we set to launch?

3. Shadowcast

I have gotten some great advice and insight to make this a great event. Based on accommodations and local restaurants.....and the ease of the area, I have changed the location of the event. Please see the original post for all the details.

4. Shadowcast

Restaurants I am looking at:
    Buffalo Wild Wings (Summerfield/Big Bend)
    Sunset Grille at Little Harbors (Ruskin)
    Mama Iguana (Apollo Beach)

5. Shadowcast

Little Harbors in Ruskin has lodging accommodations.

6. makin moves

makin moves Well-Known Member

Role call . Who's going? Will be there gen 1 copperhead and suv 17. Looking foward to it

7. Delmer

Delmer I Love microskiff.com!

I will be there. New ShadowCast

8. makin moves

makin moves Well-Known Member

looking foward to checking out your shadowcast

9. TampaFlyGirl

TampaFlyGirl Well-Known Member

If I'm in town (most likely), I'm there.

10. Chevystroked383

Chevystroked383 I Love microskiff.com!

11. Clouser

Clouser I Love microskiff.com!

I will be there-SUV17
    Fred

12. fourby4chevy@yahoo

fourby4chevy@yahoo Well-Known Member

will be there. gen 2 copperhead

13. davefishing

davefishing I Love microskiff.com!

Someone please make a video. I would love to see one of a shadowcast.

14. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

Damn. This event falls on a bad weekend for me. I really would like to attend. But there's a tournament the week after that I fished last year and won the fly division. I would like to try to repeat or win more. Plus, the following weekend is another tournament that I fished and won last year. So I'm going to be spending a lot of cash for the two tournaments, plus this event. I'm going to weigh my options and see which makes most sense.

15. Shadowcast

We need to see some more action on this. I am calling tomorrow to lock in our restaurant. It will either be Mama Iguanas or Buffalo Wild Wings.

16. Shadowcast

It's official! Mama Iguana's in Apollo Beach will be reserving their patio area for the Ankona Owners event. This place has awesome food and there will be plenty of parking for vehicles and skiffs (a whole Winn Dixie parking lot right next to it). So here are the addresses to lock into your GPS for the day:

E.G. Simmons Park
    2401 19th Ave. NW
    Ruskin, FL 33570

Mama Iguana's
    6186 N US HWY 41
    Apollo Beach, FL 33572

Now let's get some serious participation in this event and make it a great day! Time for the Ankona owners to step up. If you are not an owner, come Simmons Park and take a test drive or come to Mama Iguana's and check out some skiffs and have a drink!

17. Shadowcast

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1339604593/0#0

18. Chevystroked383

Chevystroked383 I Love microskiff.com!

I will be there with my gen 2

19. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

Alright fuck it. Count me in. I'll skip one of the tournaments. If any south floridians want to setup a meet up spot and we caravan out there, that'll be cool.

20. Shadowcast

That's what I am talking about!!! [smiley=1-beer.gif]