Ankona Owners Event 3 (Mosquito Lagoon)

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by High + Dry Adventures, Jul 23, 2012.

1. High + Dry Adventures

High + Dry Adventures Welcome to the family!

Well is up to us to keep this going guys and gals.  Just throwing out an idea. 

Maybe Mel can even get a day off to do this one.

Suggestion Dates or times of the year? month or two who knows.

Ill talk to Kevin (Jacked Up Jack Plates) who goes up there quite often and get some more intel

Maybe we can get up before mid October for those big Reds

Also before the wind picks up

;)   

2. makin moves

makin moves Well-Known Member

We should include the whole microskiff crew. Lot of fellow microskiff guys in that area. I think it would be a big turn out. Just a thought :)

3. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

Matt and Kelly were talking about doing sometime around October 4-9 or something if I remember correctly. You know I'm there.

4. Delmer

Delmer I Love microskiff.com!

That's my back yard. As long as it's not the weekend of Oct. 7 I am in.

5. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Big Red should be interesting. Expect 40" + minimal... Oh yeah and the Gator Trout bite should be good also.

6. Delmer

There are 3 good launch spots that come to mind depending on which area of the lagoon you want to fish from. I really like the North Causeway ramp in New Smyrna, it has guite a bit of room and there are several restaurants close by to gather at afterwards. If you would like I can talk to a couple of them about a get together after a date gets picked.

7. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

I'm there every weekend with the noe anyway, I'll see you SOBs out there...

The fishing is crap right now, water clarity is like 4 inches.

8. acid832

acid832 i love my Gen 1

I'm in .... Ugh . So it's gonna be a MS rally or ankona only?

9. acid832

acid832 i love my Gen 1

I vote MS rally , would be nice to meet everyone . PIB and I should be up there as mentioned earlier OCt 7-9th

10. Delmer

I have been checking the local tournament shedules and such today and Sept. 28/29 looks good. I vote for MS also.

11. TheBrazilNut

TheBrazilNut Guest

I would have the fishing be from Middle Island to the South end of the Lagoon. No houses, less boats and unspoiled. Water should be nice a clear.

Use two Ramps:

Beacon 42 and Parrish Park(Indian River side) as you will need a Permit($20) to use the Ramps on the Mosquito Lagoon. Parrish Park Ramp is a short run to Haulover Canal which puts you in the middle section of the area mentioned above.

12. Delmer

I was also thinking Bairs Cove or Riverbreeze Park in OakHill.

To launch at Bairs Cove there is a $5.00 per day use fee that is payable at the pay station located at the ramp. There is no fee to launch at Riverbreeze Park that I am aware of.

Beginning September 1, 2011, Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge is integrating a new Entrance Fee for Black Point Wildlife Drive and for Boat Launching at three improved Boat Ramps within the Refuge (Bairs Cove, Beacon 42, and Bio Lab).  Visitors will have the option to purchase a $5.00 Daily Pass or a $15 Annual Pass. The passes are interchangeable and may be used at either the wildlife drive or boat ramps.

This daily fee can also be avoided if you have a federal Duck stamp and a hang tag that can be picked up at the refuge office.

Riverbreeze puts you right in the middle of the Lagoon and gives access to many good areas.

13. BRunner346

BRunner346 I Love microskiff.com!

uuuhhh did you forget me as well. the whole point of going is for the Birthday...Eric and I spoke about this with Matt (red ripper)and Kelly and we really did not want this trip to be in a tournament setting. Just to get out and fish, relax, and have a good time.

14. Chevystroked383

Chevystroked383 I Love microskiff.com!

This would not be an Ankona tournament if it was a ms rally the ms rally should be kept separate from an owners tournament that's my thought Eric Warren and I had spoken about having the next Ankona even in mosquito lagoon on October 6 and 7 making it a two day deal and I was going to work on all the details

15. Delmer

Oh well another one I cant make. Columbus day weekend is already spoken for at my house. :(

16. acid832

acid832 i love my Gen 1

My bad brunnner!!! U know u got shotgun on my skiff just let me know when and I'm there. I'm in it to fish and chill with cool people. It's a non stop riot when we all get together

17. mhinkle90

mhinkle90 Let it scream!!!

lets go ahead and get a round of pitchers going [smiley=1-beer.gif]

18. acid832

acid832 i love my Gen 1

Yeah , u should with all that money u won!!

19. mhinkle90

mhinkle90 Let it scream!!!

hahaha we got 4 pitchers at shakeys and the rest was history [smiley=1-beer-german.gif] time for round 2