Ankona Owners Event 2 (Flamingo) 7/21/12

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by paint it black, Jul 2, 2012.

1. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

Well, after this last event, the majority of us all went out all night Saturday. Everyone kept asking me when they could come down to go fish Flamingo. Everyone had expressed that they would love to come down at some point this month. So, I made plans with Ryan (High and Dry) for the 21st of July. I told Matt(Red Ripper) and he was in as well. As word spread, everyone agree'd to do it all again in just three weeks. But this time, down in Flamingo. So here it is.

Saturday, July 21st, we will be headed to Flamingo. Pretty much the same story. We will be fishing for Redfish, Snook, and Trout. A bucket will be left at the Marina with everyones Secret items, and measuring devices at 7am. You can pick them up at what ever time you please, after 7. Then we will meet up at an established location in the afternoon. We are going to pick a location and it will be announced. We have several ideas of where to do it, we just need conformation. Then, the following Sunday, July 22nd, we will be hanging out and doing some more fishing. Just for fun.

Bob and I are working on setting up a BBQ over at Don's Bait and Tackle just so everyone can show off their skiffs, and hang out. Don's is right on US1, so this would be a great opportunity for people to stop by and check out what Ankona has to offer. Probably have Ashley set up a sidewalk sale to have some sweet deals on tackle and gear. We have a great early morning and late afternoon Bonefish tide for Sunday in Biscayne Bay. The ramp is only about 15 minutes away from Don's. So it would be cool. I would probably go fish the early morning tide for a few hours, wash the skiff down the street at the DIY car wash, then meet at Don's at Noon for lunch. Then If desired, go back out in the afternoon.

The afternoon low in Biscayne Bay is usually on fire for bonefish in the summer months. After the water has warmed up all day, as the sun sets, the new water rises onto the flats. This water is now cooler than the warm water that had been on the flats all day. Thus pushing the big bonefish up onto the shallow water, willing and ready to feed aggressively.

As of now, the following have agree'd to make the trip.

Myself - black 2012 Copperhead
    Ryan (poontoon) and Warren (Brunerrrrrr) - 2010 Black Copperhead
    Ryan (High and Dry) - 2012 Copperhead
    Bob Reeves (Skinny Dippin) - 2012 ShadowCast
    Alissa (Tampa_Flats_Girl) - Cayenne
    Cody and Eric (Matlacha Cody/Eric) - Lime Ass Green Copperhead
    Matt (red ripper) - Gen 2 Copperhead
    Anthony (SaltyGuy) - Gen2 Copperhead

There's also a few more local owners that I'm sure would be in once they have been informed.

We will probably go out Saturday night somewhere in Miami to party as we did up in Tampa.

If anyone has any questions, give me a call at 305-804-1331. Bob Reeves and I will answer any questions regarding the area and the event.

Being that this style of fishing is pretty much a team thing, this will be based by team total inches. I will be donating paintings for top solo angler as well as biggest of each species. Then cash will go to the top team winners. This will be Artificial only tournament. And I guarantee you will catch more fish on artificial than you would on live bait, anyway.

Anyone who is not an Ankona Owner will be more than welcome to come hang out on Saturday night, and Sunday with everyone. Saturday is to have some competitive fun, and Sunday will be a day to have a blast.

We will be posting Hotel's that would be good sometime soon for you guys to start making plans.
    Remember, the Flamingo Marina is 37 Miles away from the entrance to Everglades National Park. So plan accordingly.

Once again, any questions contact Bob Reeves or Myself. You can call me at 305-804-1331.

Thanks, Eric Estrada

2. paint it black

Here's a video of mine from last month. Just so you guys can kinda get an idea of what fishing in Flamingo is like.

https://vimeo.com/44019460

3. acid832

acid832 i love my Gen 1

Let's get it guys. I had a lot of fun in Tampa, meet a lot of great people and expericed some new type of fishing. Bob from strongarm and AShley from Don's are awesome peoples... To all who come welcome .Flamingo is very addicting , besides awesome fishing, flamingo is a breath taking place, and it can be worked on all various types of fishing...from the crystal clear flats to the tannic water of th back country... To all who come ... Welcome...!

Check out this link as well to give you guys a taste of what's to come....! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiQ-1rovfjw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

4. Chevystroked383

Chevystroked383 I Love microskiff.com!

I can't wait it was a blast and had a really good time hope everyone can get together and have another good time

5. BRunner346

BRunner346 I Love microskiff.com!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9xYkKBWjRw&feature=relmfu another video of what to expect!

6. fourby4chevy@yahoo

fourby4chevy@yahoo Well-Known Member

will be attending this one for sure! cant wait! :)

7. Shadowcast

Shadowcast Ankona Sales Rep

I will be nearby.....in Key West. Won't be able to make this one but I am sure another Flamingo opportunity will arise.

8. BRunner346

would anyone be down to hit up the sandbar on the big boat (28 FT) on sunday?

9. paint it black

That would kind of kill Sunday's plans at Don's....

Ashley confirmed today, Don's is official.

10. BRunner346

no go for sandbar... dons it is

11. Chevystroked383

Come on fellow ankonans let's show some love and have a blast lets see how many of us can flood a flat let's get it going

12. paint it black

So everyone on the list above already confirmed their participation.

There's still several other locals that have yet to confirm.

Where are the SUV owners at??

13. paint it black

Anybody interested in some microfibers? We can make some shirts of enough people want for $20 each.

14. seachas

seachas THE HICK LIFE!!!!!!!!

what sizes will you have

15. paint it black

Pre order the size that is requested.

16. Cody_F

Cody_F 2012 ankona copperhead 60etec

I'll take a shirt

17. Chevystroked383

I will buy a couple shirts