Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and new to boat ownership. I've recently purchased a 2013 Ankona Native SUV 17' and I'm absolutely loving it. I'm looking forward to all the information this forum has to offer! Currently living in the Central Florida area and fishing the mosquito lagoon and exploring the New Smyrna area. Anyone else on here own a Native 17'?

Water transportation Vehicle Boat Skiff Sky
Water transportation Vehicle Boat Fishing vessel Water
Boat Vehicle Water transportation Watercraft Fishing vessel
Water transportation Vehicle Boat Watercraft Boating

Attachments

·
I Love microskiff.com!
242 Posts
Nice! Glad to hear you still enjoy it after six years, do you have a 40hp on yours? If so, what kind of speeds are you getting with it?
I have the Tohatsu 40 TLDI on mine. I’ve stuck with the stock prop. With that I got about 35 mph with just myself. Low 30s loaded down. However. I have since added a trolling motor and battery under the front deck and I’m only topping out about 30 now. Also added smart tabs to deal with the rare times that I have less than half tank gas and little to no weight up front. They work as advertised to stop any porpoising but knock a couple mph off the top end. Most times I don’t even deploy them and definitely not needed with the battery up front.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome aboard, nice skiff!
I have the Tohatsu 40 TLDI on mine. I’ve stuck with the stock prop. With that I got about 35 mph with just myself. Low 30s loaded down. However. I have since added a trolling motor and battery under the front deck and I’m only topping out about 30 now. Also added smart tabs to deal with the rare times that I have less than half tank gas and little to no weight up front. They work as advertised to stop any porpoising but knock a couple mph off the top end. Most times I don’t even deploy them and definitely not needed with the battery up front.
Thanks for the info!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.