Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this mainly for other folks waiting for theirs to get built....I wasted at least 10 hours a week looking at pics of other skiffs for the 7 months I waited!

2019 Cayenne and 60 Etec
Flat Black Powdercoat, Ice Blue hull, deck, and cap
Storm Grey Seadek under gunwhales, poling plat, helm, and cooler tops
Few other customizations that will probably never end, like v-lock cupholder and cell holder I made with parts bought from boatoutfitters.com
20190406_172048.jpg
20190406_172058.jpg
20190406_172108.jpg
20190406_172129.jpg
20190406_172142.jpg
20190406_172158.jpg
20190406_172211.jpg
20190406_172218.jpg
20190410_210219.jpg
20190410_210254.jpg

Have to mirror what everyone else says about working with Ankona/Salt Marsh. Of course the build process went great, which is typical for whatever boat you're building. But what stands out is how they handled small issues after the sale. I've bought 3 new boats over the last 20 years, all have their minor issues that you don't find out about until you've gotten it on the water a few times. Ankona handled these issues with class, urgency, and without excuses, and didn't make me feel like a pain in the ass, which was the case with the previous brands I've bought

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,879 Posts
You have a beautiful skiff. Speaking from experience with the Cayenne, you'll love every minute of it!!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
389 Posts
That is beautiful! Really simple and well thought out. I am an idiot but where are the cup holders/cell holder mounted? Looks like on the console but I don't see it

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is beautiful! Really simple and well thought out. I am an idiot but where are the cup holders/cell holder mounted? Looks like on the console but I don't see it
ha, I mounted them on the right side of the console the day AFTER I took the pictures

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful build! I just recently put down my $300 to get in the "general" line at this point. Two questions for you:
1. What made you choose the Cayenne over their other options?
2. How long was the build time between deposit and finished product?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is a sweet setup! I'm contemplating putting down a deposit as well rather than trying to find something used. Couple questions:
1. What kind of speed are you getting with the 60 Etec?
2. Did Ankona furnish and install the backrest at the cooler and the under gunnel seadek or is that something you had done after the build?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on a beautiful build! I just recently put down my $300 to get in the "general" line at this point. Two questions for you:
1. What made you choose the Cayenne over their other options?
2. How long was the build time between deposit and finished product?
Mike, 1. chose the cayenne mostly because when I"m not solo fishing, we use it for a run to the beach, its me and wife and 2 kids...and it's rated for 4 people, most others are for 3. Also to cut across estero bay when it's a little choppier, wanted something that handled that better. 2. I put down deposit mid of Aug, and got it mid march, so 7 months.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a sweet setup! I'm contemplating putting down a deposit as well rather than trying to find something used. Couple questions:
1. What kind of speed are you getting with the 60 Etec?
2. Did Ankona furnish and install the backrest at the cooler and the under gunnel seadek or is that something you had done after the build?
thanks! have only had it out with wife and both kids, so it was around 31mph. Gonna try to get out to fish by self soon so will see. Cooler backrest was by ankona, but seadek was done by castaway customs after...goog luck

·
Registered
244 Posts
Beautiful rig! Congrats!
I just got on the list yesterday and I find I'm also wasting 10 hours a day looking for Cayenne pictures and thinking about setup options... so thanks for the great post / great pictures!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to post these too...recommend these to anyone who is building boat, rod holder/pop up cleat for bow from boatoutfitters.com makes it nice to throw rod in when reaching into cooler for another beer
20190412_072847.jpg
20190412_072857.jpg

·
Registered
244 Posts
I forgot to post these too...recommend these to anyone who is building boat, rod holder/pop up cleat for bow from boatoutfitters.com makes it nice to throw rod in when reaching into cooler for another beer View attachment 69240 View attachment 69242
Nice! Which model Minn
I forgot to post these too...recommend these to anyone who is building boat, rod holder/pop up cleat for bow from boatoutfitters.com makes it nice to throw rod in when reaching into cooler for another beer View attachment 69240 View attachment 69242
Nice! Which model Minn Kota is that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Very nice build! Like the back rest for the driver as well as the grab rail, back rest combo for the passenger. And, do you have a sound system too, noticed the JL Audio gizmo on the back of the console?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts