Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been fishing for over 45 years, live on a lake 40 miles from the coast now.....best of both worlds. Looking into the FRS 12 by Salt Boatworks for the coastal bays and marshes. Looking forward to learning about skiffs and finding new fishing friends.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome to MS, lots of good people on here from all walks of life. Texas is a big ole' coast, so if you don't mind narrow it down for us a little: upper, middle, or lower coast? I'm on the upper Texas coast.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm outside West Columbia, Freeport-Surfside are the closest coastal towns. Drum and Christmas bays are where I've fished but I've never had a boat for saltwater so the FRS 12 will be my first foray into this world.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Lot a guys on here with a strong skiff back ground, unfortunately I am not one of them. My background of recent has been bay boats. Don't be bashful about reaching out in the forums if you have questions, guys are usually eager to help, best wishes with the new endeavor.

·
Registered
2020 Salt Boatworks FRS-14
228 Posts
Welcome! I work and live in Bryan/College Station and have a little place I escape to every chance I get just outside Port O'Connor in the township of Seadrift. After I wrap up this darn bathroom remodel I will begin a FRS 14 build myself.

Michael

·
Registered
473 Posts
Houston based but fish everything from Galveston to SPI depending on weather and mood ! Welcome

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome, BigEd13 from another even newer member from Brazoria County.

·
1652 G3, & 1756 Lowe tinnys
776 Posts
Welcome. I'm in far North Houston but get down to the coast a couple of times a week, during the Winter months. Summers are in TN. I use a 16 ft tinny since I find a few oyster reefs occasionally. I'm always looking for someone who fishes during the week, mid-days. Takes me two hours to get down to the coast.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Outside of Austin here. Bass fish mostly but when I go coastal I frequent Corpus mostly and starting to explore Aransas Pass. We RV over to the Freeport/Galveston area a bit and I do a little wading around there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts