Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Don't bother with GB unless you absolutely need some. There are several sites I check. Ammoseek has steered me to a few, but I'm mostly looking for shotgun shells, check daily and know what is too much.

·
Registered
Ocean kayak
757 Posts
Is it cheaper to change your preferred caliber, to something more common?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
with Gunbroker you just have to keep looking. yes most large caliber rifle ammo on there is 1.50 to 2.00 a round but things do pop up. a couple of nights ago I got a sealed 520 round spam can of M2 ball for 575.00 shipped. yes that's a lot but in todays market a little over a dollar a round is not bad. just have to suck it up.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I know. High prices and rare.
I've found some deals with consistant searches.
post up any possible deals.
Scored some 30-06 on lucky gunner... Gone now.
17hmr at bass pro.

No political bs posts.
Have you seen any .38 so
I know. High prices and rare.
I've found some deals with consistant searches.
post up any possible deals.
Scored some 30-06 on lucky gunner... Gone now.
17hmr at bass pro.

No political bs posts.
Have you seen any .38 special hollow points during your online ammo searches?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
226 Posts
You can check FLguntrader.com and also Armslist.com some people are asking ridiculous prices but you can haggle and sometimes find good deals. I found a bunch of 12ga in stock at Opticsplanet.com but that was a few weeks ago.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
Modified Styrofoam Dixie Cup powered by a 20 horse soap sliver and HB Waterman with 50 HP tiller.
263 Posts
Ammo availability is one reason I took up slingshots.
Marbles are cheap, I buy them in 40# boxes.

It's good for your hand eye coordination too.

·
Administrator
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now is not the time to be shopping for ammo....that boat has sailed. Gold spoons and DOA shrimp might be a better investment. Prices are still reasonable, and you can eat what you catch.
Yup.
Should have it already. I do...
More doesn't hurt.

·
Carpe Diem
1,758 Posts
I don't have a problem with people dumping their old ammo to make a profit. That's capitalism and will ultimately drive the price per round down. What does bother me are the folks that go out today and snatch up thousands of rounds at a marginally better deal with the sole idea of reselling for a profit. That kind of behavior just drives the cost per round up and drags out the ammo shortage.

I applaud the person above who is bringing in pallets of ammo, but only if he makes the ammo available with a reasonable markup. 35 cents a round sounds pretty fair but you can bet there's an a**hole out there who will try to buy a few thousand rounds and then resell them for 90 cents each.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts