Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,429 Posts
Just watched this on my lunch break. Maybe I’m a gear head, but I enjoyed it enough to share.
Hey, ya think we can make a microskiff outta onea those? I dig the spray rails! I'm thinkin a 40hp would make it run like a scalded dog and removing that heavy OB will help with the someone up on a PP. ;)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Like the mercury rep said at dinner last time the FLW was at lake eufaula.... other companies have fast motors, but we will always be the fastest. The yammerhammer rep and the etec rep next to him just hung their heads...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Omc actually holds more speed records than merc. Merc was a close second although much more favored by the performance guys, even now. The reality is we owe BOTH companies much gratitude for the unmeasureable amount of R&D they did to get us to where we are now.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Anyone remember the 90-95 Corvette ZR1 (their limited go-fast model of the time) powered by the engine built by Mercury Marine?

·
Registered
955 Posts
check out the sandbar @ :16....made mt skin crawl, lol

Reactions: makin moves

·
I Love microskiff.com!
256 Posts
Anyone remember the 90-95 Corvette ZR1 (their limited go-fast model of the time) powered by the engine built by Mercury Marine?
The reason Mercury was chosen was GM did not have the advanced manufacturing capabilities that Mercury had - they could not build an engine like that in Detroit. It’s a shame that they didn’t continue building that engine but the bean counters got in the way.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The reason Mercury was chosen was GM did not have the advanced manufacturing capabilities that Mercury had - they could not build an engine like that in Detroit. It’s a shame that they didn’t continue building that engine but the bean counters got in the way.
What I found even more interesting was that the engine was designed by Lotus.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts