SOLD/EXPIRED "Affordable" microskiff

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by noeettica, Dec 12, 2008.

1. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

Too CHEAP or Broke to buy a "real" skiff ...

Take a look at this Slick little Numbah ... :)

Dave

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/boa/955516778.html

2. fishgitr

fishgitr Well-Known Member

Drop a 9.9 on her and she's ready to ride. ;D

3. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Before it was his foam boat,
    this is what it was...

http://www.castlecraft.com/super_snark.htm

4. tailgator

tailgator Well-Known Member

I had one of those years ago. It is actually a sail boat. there is a small hole like a cup holder at the front to hold the mast. The slot that is visible in the picture is for the keel. A hand rudder is to attach on the back.

How someone would attempt to fish in it, I dont know.

VERY TIPPY.

5. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

Ah, the memorys. When I lived in Michigan as a yout, our neighbor had one and the local punks stole it and used it to slide down hills. In the summer in the gravel pit! The gravel pit was an area in the woods that had steep hills that we rode our dirt bikes in. Anyway, the hull got ruined and 1/4 broke off the back. We "rescued" it and used it that winter.

That coming winter/spring was a really strange one. A lot of early thawing flooded huge areas of the forrest behind my friends house. Then it would freeze again and then more thawing. There was a foot of icy cold water over a sheet of ice on the ground. We poled that broken hull all day through there, looked like a white bayou. You had to make sure you put the end of the pole in a crack or hole in the ice otherwise you would be getting wet if it slipped.

6. Kemo

Kemo The world is flat....and shallow.

My first boat was a Snark!  Mine had a plastic coating of some kind.  My buddy, who introduced me to sailing, had the plain styrofoam one.  It was incredibly durable.  Mine came on a 74 VW bug, which VW sold as a promotion - "A Sale On A Sail On A Bug".  Came with a roof rack made for the boat.  He got his from the Kool cigarettes promotion for 20 empty packs and $20.  I never fished out of one, but I learned a lot about sailing and small boat handling.  My second boat was a 26 ft. Columbia, which was quite a move up.

Kemo   :cool:

7. kbuch312

kbuch312 Well-Known Member

I couldn't remember the cigarette brand, but knew that i had played around on one of these many years ago.

It was KOOL. With a green and white sail. Lots of fun.

As stated before, tippy beyond belief.