Advice on a Prop.. Kevlar Classic with a 25hp merc

Discussion in 'Prop Shop' started by love2flyfish, Dec 3, 2008.

1. love2flyfish

love2flyfish Well-Known Member

Ok so here is the deal. I have a 03 Kevlar Classic with a front deck, stick steering, battery in front. I have a hydraulic jackplate with a 25hp Mercury with a stock prop. My issue is that I can get about an inch of travel upwards before I get cavitation. Since I live in Colorado I do not need to worry about having to run shallow, but I would like the boat to perform how it was designed to with a jackplate. I would like to improve top end and also am not concerned with holeshot. What would you do?

Fully Raised
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fully Lowered
    [​IMG]

Fully Raised
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

Quicksilver stainless steel propeller 3 blade 10" diameter x 13" pitch for best all around performance if holeshot is not your concern. Will gain some speed and better performance over stock prop.

3. Flyline

Quicksilver stainless steel propeller 3 blade 10" diameter x 13" pitch for best all around performance if holeshot is not your concern. Will gain some speed and better performance over stock prop.

4. love2flyfish

Thanks! Do you think there is any need for a cavitation plate?

5. Flyline

Not needed if u not running shallow or don't have blowout problems.

6. love2flyfish

Thanks again man. I get about an inch of travel up and then it starts to cavitate, so Im not even sure if it will totally blow out if I travel higher. Do you think the prop will solve the problem if I were to raise the jack plate all the way up or what?

7. Flyline

The quicksiler propeller 3 blade S.S prop will improve your speed but won't run it when u jacked all the way up.

U can add cupping on the S.S propeller to bite the water a lot better and might able to run all the way up. Max u can go about 4.5 - 5 inches above the transom.

Or u might want a 4 blade S.S propeller but might slighty lose 1 to 2 mph and still able to jacked all the way up.

U want improve speed then go for quicksilver or powertech 3 blade S.S propeller 13 inch pitch with standard cup.

8. love2flyfish

Now here is another reason why I love this forum, everyone is willing to share in there area of expertise!!

Thanks Again!! [smiley=z-respect.gif]