Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here is the deal. I have a 03 Kevlar Classic with a front deck, stick steering, battery in front. I have a hydraulic jackplate with a 25hp Mercury with a stock prop. My issue is that I can get about an inch of travel upwards before I get cavitation. Since I live in Colorado I do not need to worry about having to run shallow, but I would like the boat to perform how it was designed to with a jackplate. I would like to improve top end and also am not concerned with holeshot. What would you do?

Fully Raised

Fully Lowered

Fully Raised

·
Won "Do More With Less" Award!
1,715 Posts
Quicksilver stainless steel propeller 3 blade 10" diameter x 13" pitch for best all around performance if holeshot is not your concern. Will gain some speed and better performance over stock prop.

·
1,715 Posts
Quicksilver stainless steel propeller 3 blade 10" diameter x 13" pitch for best all around performance if holeshot is not your concern. Will gain some speed and better performance over stock prop.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again man. I get about an inch of travel up and then it starts to cavitate, so Im not even sure if it will totally blow out if I travel higher. Do you think the prop will solve the problem if I were to raise the jack plate all the way up or what?

·
1,715 Posts
Thanks again man. I get about an inch of travel up and then it starts to cavitate, so Im not even sure if it will totally blow out if I travel higher. Do you think the prop will solve the problem if I were to raise the jack plate all the way up or what?
The quicksiler propeller 3 blade S.S prop will improve your speed but won't run it when u jacked all the way up.

U can add cupping on the S.S propeller to bite the water a lot better and might able to run all the way up. Max u can go about 4.5 - 5 inches above the transom.

Or u might want a 4 blade S.S propeller but might slighty lose 1 to 2 mph and still able to jacked all the way up.

U want improve speed then go for quicksilver or powertech 3 blade S.S propeller 13 inch pitch with standard cup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts