Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 East Cape Vantage
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello MS,

Has anyone added a recirculate pump to the live well on a East Cape? I started looking at the back of the well to decide on placement and noticed the well has a layer insulation around it. It is probably, 1-1 1/2 inches thick and sprayed white some type of coating. It looks like I will need to cut out an area of the insulation to mount the pump on the back of the well. My question is, how hard is this stuff to cut? The area I will be working is pretty tight. I appreciate any advice or suggestions you guys have. Thanks!
Mac

·
Registered
176 Posts
Idk if yours has the jumpseat, but next time I'm taking my dad and he wants shrimp, I'm just going to plug the drain in the jump seat and put a bubbler in there. Hopefully someone has an answer to your actual question, but thought I would throw it out there in case that would work for you. Personally, I try not to add holes in my boat if possible.

·
Registered
2022 East Cape Vantage
105 Posts
I had a recirculating loop added at the shop during my build. It picks up at the bottom of the starboard side of the livewell, and returns it right below the raw water fill. This is the only picture I have on my phone, I’ll take some more later this evening when I’m home. I’d call the shop before you cut into it, it’s just foam insulation wrapped around the well but I’m not sure what the coating over it is. It's the black hose pictured.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 East Cape Vantage
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a recirculating loop added at the shop during my build. It picks up at the bottom of the starboard side of the livewell, and returns it right below the raw water fill. This is the only picture I have on my phone, I’ll take some more later this evening when I’m home. I’d call the shop before you cut into it, it’s just foam insulation wrapped around the well but I’m not sure what the coating over it is. It's the black hose pictured.
Thanks JS.

·
Registered
2019 East Cape Vantage
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Following
I hoped someone had completed this project but it doesn’t look like it at this point. I will reach out to Adam at East Cape next week. My main concern is the insulation around the well. The pic from JS shows the air mounted to the insulation. To get the pump mounted to the well, I will need to cut away a big area of the insulation. I already have the wiring done. I keep you posted.
Mac

·
You got to get burned to learn
564 Posts
I hoped someone had completed this project but it doesn’t look like it at this point. I will reach out to Adam at East Cape next week. My main concern is the insulation around the well. The pic from JS shows the air mounted to the insulation. To get the pump mounted to the well, I will need to cut away a big area of the insulation. I already have the wiring done. I keep you posted.
Mac
I think you are referring to the well in the back middle hatch right and not the jump seat?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts