Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up this boggy creek skiff. I’ve seen some skiffs with a metal bracket on the site for the steering wheel and control s to attach . Is there a kit I can buy?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Boat Automotive tire

·
I love my microskiff
1998 AC 1890 Gheenoe 13HS
381 Posts
Assuming you mean converting it to a side console, I think that's a change you would regret in the long run. Lots of us here run tiller skiffs, and in the case of your Boggy (sweet boat btw), I would not dream of converting that tiller to a side console. It would compromise your cockpit space, likely be a bit costly, and frankly look like an afterthought. Adding a throttle binnacle, steering system, key switch, and all associated rigging would clutter up the efficient, simple design you have there.

Just my two cents....

·
Registered
597 Posts
You might want to look into stick steer 🤔 but you dont want no metal salt water would have your boat covered in rust in no time ! A Fiberglass side console is what you want IMHO

I to have been wanting a wheel,and considered the side console but on small skiffs you will stay wet ,the tiller rules for 16 under in my book because of the quick steering and being closer to center you stay dryer 👍😎 plus its all about simplicity 😉

·
Registered
597 Posts
Is that the 14 micro? Sweet skiff and well built 💪 i know JP first owner and SG second owner of boggy they both are top notch glass guys 👍 i heard SG Sold it ,i havent meet the new owner yet ,i really like their boats 👍 that genesis is sweet also probably my favorite, striker is sweet as well so many boats so lil time 🤪

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that the 14 micro? Sweet skiff and well built 💪 i know JP first owner and SG second owner of boggy they both are top notch glass guys 👍 i heard SG Sold it ,i havent meet the new owner yet ,i really like their boats 👍 that genesis is sweet also probably my favorite, striker is sweet as well so many boats so lil time 🤪
Yes it’s the 14 micro. Haven’t taken it out yet. Hopefully soon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts