1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
IMG_1073.JPG
IMG_1074.jpg
IMG_1075.jpg

I added some mods to the Hog Island this past fall. We added the minn Kota with the remote, the Newport smart battery box, bow led nav light strips which I plug into the Newport with a cig lighter plug. (I'm using a battery operated clamp-on stern light for now) I attached the noco gen 1 mini battery charger onto the battery box to make it easy to keep the trolling motor battery charged at my dock. I also installed 2 grab rails and wired up a bilge pump. I bought the Engel 25 for in front of the bow grab rail and installed 2 of the chocks. I still need to install the other 2 chocks for more stability as a casting platform, more rod holders, 2 drink holders and clips for my shallow water anchor stick.

Also as an aside, my wife fishes with me but because of previous neck surgery she had to pick her days. She started using her bean bag chair on the floor of the skiff for more comfort. She leans it up against the bench seat and it works great for chop. The bean bag is a much improved ride over a cooler seat. When we are fishing I just throw it behind the bench seat. Overall the boat really handles chop great plus we stay very dry. So far I am loving the skiff, just haven't used it as much as I'd like.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts