Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody own an AC 1720 fly fisher in the Naples/Ft Myers area that would be willing to let me do a ride along some weekend in the next few months. I was looking at switching skiffs and I wanted to see what it fishes/poles like. I know not a technical skiff but I need something a little larger for three people (occasionally four) to consistently fish out of. I’d be happy to pay for gas and beverages.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anybody own an AC 1720 fly fisher in the Naples/Ft Myers area that would be willing to let me do a ride along some weekend in the next few months. I was looking at switching skiffs and I wanted to see what it fishes/poles like. I know not a technical skiff but I need something a little larger for three people (occasionally four) to consistently fish out of. I’d be happy to pay for gas and beverages.
Call me at the factory. We will get you on the water no problem. Heck, I will take you out on my 1820 if you want. Always looking for an excuse to get on the water.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3 Posts
Call me at the factory. We will get you on the water no problem. Heck, I will take you out on my 1820 if you want. Always looking for an excuse to get on the water.
I’m going to be dropping my 1720 off at either action craft or a marina in Naples in a couple weeks to sell. I’m in Montana. You’re welcome to check it out. It’s a cream puff snowbird boat with low hours, I bought it new in 2005 when gulfshore marina used to sell action crafts.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m going to be dropping my 1720 off at either action craft or a marina in Naples in a couple weeks to sell. I’m in Montana. You’re welcome to check it out. It’s a cream puff snowbird boat with low hours, I bought it new in 2005 when gulfshore marina used to sell action crafts.
When are you going to drop off the boat? Are you thinking of selling?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I’m still dragging my feet on putting my skiff up for sale. I prob will next week, when I get serious about buying a boat I will.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I'm curious to get on board their 19 and 20 footers. I need a bigger skiff for all my damn kids but I'd still like to be able to pole reasonably skinny.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm curious to get on board their 19 and 20 footers. I need a bigger skiff for all my damn kids but I'd still like to be able to pole reasonably skinny.
May be to late but there’s solutions to that problem. Cheaper than getting/running a bigger boat.....

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
My buddy has a suki on his 20. Let me tell you, it fits 4 people fishing at the same time very well. Trolls well and drives well. He doesn’t like the suki but it gets him places and it pushes the boat well. He took his poling platform off so I wouldn’t know about that one.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I cant offer you a ride anymore but can definitely tell you that you won't be disappointed with anything about the 1720. It will fish 3 very easily. 4 really isn't that bad either. I didn't pole mine much, but when I did was surprised at how well it did for being so wide. Just don't think your gonna get in 8". It is crazy stable.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
341 Posts
Will do! Gonna be in the market soon. I can't keep squeezing all these kids in a 17T forever.
I like the elevated (standing height, not crazy high) console in that pic of the 1720 Gen3 on your site. I'm a stand-up kinda guy. Is that custom and is it variable in where it can be placed? I like it way back like the Young GS 20 in the 2nd pic...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts