Accessory Mounting

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by noeettica, Jun 13, 2010.

1. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

For mounting accessoeies Such as transducer mounts trim Tabs and other Items to a transom What is Your prefered method ...

2. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

i like the drywall screw choice ...lol... use a little bit of gorilla glue though ;).......lol

3. out-cast

out-cast Well-Known Member

Pre-drilled hole, ss screw, and 5200.

4. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Follow the manufacturer's instructions,
    using the packaged hardware. Too easy.

5. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

self tapper ss. pre drilled hole. countersink. and lots of silicone... we dont want anyones transom to rot or gelcoat to crack

6. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

trim tabs- predrilled countersunk to avoid gel coat cracking, SS bolts and nylock nuts on the tab hinge. SS screws in predrilled/countersunk holes for the actuator boss

transducer- SS screws in predrilled/countersunk holes

7. richg99

richg99 1652 G3; Malibu Mini-X kayak

I have had some previous success with 3M5200 'ing a block of Corion/cutting board/star?? solid material to the exterior of the transom. I then drilled and mounted the T'ducer into it. No holes in the transom.

I made the block oversize so I could change out the mounting or put on another one if the original unit broke.

Didn't come off for years...and then I sold the boat. regards, Rich

p.s. Kitchen counter shops often have cutoff pieces or sink cutouts that are free or at little cost.