Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Microskiff family. You may not know this about me, but I am a 33 year veteran of the Coast Guard. I ran the rescue boats and did law enforcement for 20 years. I retired from active duty then took a job as a civilian SAR controller. I did that for seven years then managed a commercial fishing vessel safety program for six years. I recently took the job as the Recreational Boating Safety Program Manager for the Eighth Coast Guard District. It is the Coast Guard's largest district, encompassing all or parts of 26 different states. Today we launched a Recreational Boating Safety Facebook group. We have an admin team of experts from Enforecment, SAR, Public Affairs, the Auxiliary and more. Everyone is encouraged to join and post. It will be a great place to get information, ask questions and get answers from a team of experts within the Coast Guard. Beyond that, we want you to share your experiences too. Tell us about them. I will also share some pretty cool SAR stories along the way. We want it to have a laid back family feel. Not some stuffy government bureaucrat feel. Need to know what's required on your boat? Drop in and ask. I'll also be happy to answer here. The primary purpose of the group is to give the recreational boating public an easy place to get information. No phone calls with 30 minute holds. No being transferred to 10 different people. One stop shopping for the the boating public we serve. I hope to be able to get a fisheries regulations expert to serve on our team too. Stop on by. It is important to us to be readily available to you the taxpayer.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/safeboating/

I am fairly regular here, so you are always welcome to shoot me a message or even start a discussion here. So many people use Facebook that I wanted to create that new avenue of communication for them.

Paul Barnard

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I get that Topnative2. I'll tell you though, if I want to connect with as many people as possible, I have to play the Facebook game. If nothing else, enjoy the spectacle of a government employee trying to stir up more work for himself! How often does that happen?

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I get that Topnative2. I'll tell you though, if I want to connect with as many people as possible, I have to play the Facebook game. If nothing else, enjoy the spectacle of a government employee trying to stir up more work for himself! How often does that happen?
Man,your killin me .............Kudos!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hello Microskiff family. You may not know this about me, but I am a 33 year veteran of the Coast Guard. I ran the rescue boats and did law enforcement for 20 years. I retired from active duty then took a job as a civilian SAR controller. I did that for seven years then managed a commercial fishing vessel safety program for six years. I recently took the job as the Recreational Boating Safety Program Manager for the Eighth Coast Guard District. It is the Coast Guard's largest district, encompassing all or parts of 26 different states. Today we launched a Recreational Boating Safety Facebook group. We have an admin team of experts from Enforecment, SAR, Public Affairs, the Auxiliary and more. Everyone is encouraged to join and post. It will be a great place to get information, ask questions and get answers from a team of experts within the Coast Guard. Beyond that, we want you to share your experiences too. Tell us about them. I will also share some pretty cool SAR stories along the way. We want it to have a laid back family feel. Not some stuffy government bureaucrat feel. Need to know what's required on your boat? Drop in and ask. I'll also be happy to answer here. The primary purpose of the group is to give the recreational boating public an easy place to get information. No phone calls with 30 minute holds. No being transferred to 10 different people. One stop shopping for the the boating public we serve. I hope to be able to get a fisheries regulations expert to serve on our team too. Stop on by. It is important to us to be readily available to you the taxpayer.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/safeboating/

I am fairly regular here, so you are always welcome to shoot me a message or even start a discussion here. So many people use Facebook that I wanted to create that new avenue of communication for them.

Paul Barnard
Paul, thanks for everything you’ll do!
I commend your work to make it easier for the general boating public to interact with the USCG.
Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts