A Fresh alternative for Young men :-)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by noeettica, Dec 9, 2013.

1. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

My value system does not allow for what  BSA has become so I thought I would pass this on for Like minded individuals ...

http://www.traillifeusa.com/

Most guys want exciting outdoor adventure with their friends. We’ve got that! Trips and travel? That, too. Camping. Check. Physical and mental challenge? Yep. And awards? Of course!

Trail Life USA is a Christian adventure, character, and leadership program for young men. The K-12 program centers on outdoor experiences that build a young man’s skills and allow him to grow on a personal level and as a role model and leader for his peers. Living the Trail Life is a journey established on timeless values derived from the Bible.

VISION

Our vision is to be the premier national character development organization for young men which produces Godly and responsible husbands, fathers, and citizens.

MISSION

Our mission is simple and clear: to guide generations of courageous young men to honor God, lead with integrity, serve others, and experience outdoor adventure.

MOTTO

“Walk Worthy”

Colossians 1:10  “… so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, …”

OATH

On my honor, I will do my best
    To serve God and my country;
    To respect authority;
    To be a good steward of creation;
    And to treat others as I want to be treated.

Learn more about our Membership Standards and Statement of Faith & Values

You can find our Program Overview video here and download an introduction to Trail Life USA here: Program Overview PDF

If you’re interested in starting a Trail Life USA troop, you can do that here
    - See more at: http://www.traillifeusa.com/who-we-are/#sthash.Njbitqfa.dpuf

2. cvilt

cvilt I Love microskiff.com!

Looks inviting. I started an Indian Guide and stopped after HS. Always wanted to be a leader but I had a wonderful little girl and we went 4H. There needs to be an alternative(replacement) to Boy Scouts that teaches good Christian morals. It saved my troubled youth from many problems. Thanks for sharing

3. GTSRGTSR

GTSRGTSR Well-Known Member

Both my boys (13 and 15) are in Scouting now. There is a huge opportunity for Christ centered youth organizations. Boy Scouts caved because of dollars and cents, as an interesting contrast, we will have to see what happens to the Duck Dynasty guys who did not yet cave to dollars and cents.

4. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

^ I hope they don't cave. They have money anyways.. standup for what's right
    I was only in the scouts for about 2 months. My dad pulled me and my brother out because "it cost too much" lol
    They were kinda sissies anyways. Me and my brother and dad were hunting since I was 6 for at least 2-3 months at a time. Skinned my first buck at 8, got my first shotgun( 410) at 9. We went in the scouts when I was 12 so I was a bit ahead of them lol they were just better at tying knots..

5. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Wonder if they go out fossil hunting at all.

Or would that kinda blow the bottom out of their whole program??

-T

6. Parrboy

Parrboy Pg native

^ now that's funny stuff

7. CurtisWright

CurtisWright Light, Strong, Cheap. Pick Two.

Finally!!!!   A place for young men that aren't comfortable building relationships with people that aren't exactly like them.  All my life I have been terrified to leave the holy warming shelter of my church to venture out into the wild outdoors.  There are homosexuals out there that will turn you too a frog, my pastor would say.  There are Catholics, wretched as lucifer and fire breathing Muslims that could suicide bomb you without warning.

One time at the Christian book store with my grandma, I saw a Muslim. We'll, he looked Muslim.   I ran away as fast as I could. I'm just not comfortable around middle eastern people. 

I am also overjoyed with the general "conservative" nature of the program.  I don't like to be around "inner city" Christians. If you know what I mean.

As I look back appropriately 3000 years ago on the great flood and the creation of a white Adam and Eve I can't help but wonder how good the fishing was in the garden of Eden.  I often fantasize about Eve fly fishing in the nude for the tarpon of paradise.....oh my I'm flush now.  How I would love to fish with her one day. (Not sure I would know what to do though.  At 28, I'm still "pure" myself).

Do you know if they would make an age exception? I am not in the "k-12" age group but am deeply interested in joining.  Or if the group has room for another leader of the lords mission I feel I am highly qualified.  I have been the boys minister at the Antioch 2nd Baptist Holy Self Righteous Church on SR. 147 in Andalusia, AL,  for 5 years.  I personally look for every opportunity to reach out to young men.