Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BDBF9FD7-E02A-4CEC-A1F0-89EEB7C47BE6.jpeg
B2C68ED7-0C10-46E1-83B9-30076A052241.jpeg
Flip launched my skiff, pointed out some improvements I should make to my trailer, and told me to rebuild my motor a thousand times before considering a repower. Then I ran the camera boat and got to watch as he proceeded to put on an epic fly fishing exhibition chasing redfish for 8 hours.

I will never forget it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
C’mon, we need more details!!! :D
Awesome bro.
He was hosting a trip at the Blue Lagoon Lodge in Rockport and they ran 10 anglers on 5 skiffs for 4 days. I know a few of the guides and the owner of Blue Lagoon and got the call to run the videographer around. It was some of the most fun I've ever had on the water and I didn't touch a rod.

I'm not big on "celebrity", but the man is a legend for all the right reasons. He’s genuine, a helluva story teller, and his fly cast is art.

I believe they're planning another trip for October. Will likely fill up fast.

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
He was hosting a trip at the Blue Lagoon Lodge in Rockport and they ran 10 anglers on 5 skiffs for 4 days. I know a few of the guides and the owner of Blue Lagoon and got the call to run the videographer around. It was some of the most fun I've ever had on the water and I didn't touch a rod.

I'm not big on "celebrity", but the man is a legend for all the right reasons. His fly cast is art.

I believe they're planning another trip for October. Will likely fill up fast.
I might know a guy that would love to check that out...;)
Very cool!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Very cool! Going off topic a bit, what's the hole in the bow for?
The hole on the bow is for towing with a larger boat/mothership/yacht. In later tender models, the hole was moved even lower for more bow lift.

There are four large lifting eyes in the cockpit for use with a davit. The skiff spent its first five years of life as a tender on a big yacht.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I stopped to fill up my skiff that Sunday morning and ran into him at the gas station. Got to meet him in a super casual setting and he was such a cool, down to earth guy. Nothing like I expected honestly. Got to talk for a bit and off we went!
I saw that on your Instagram, Mason. So cool, amigo!

Very nice! When will the video be posted?!
I'm not sure what the plan is with all of the content they captured (photo and video). I was literally just a giddy, unpaid taxi driver. I hope to see some of the material soon!

·
Registered
235 Posts
That’s very cool. I have a home in Rockport and have never heard of Blue Lagoon Lodge. Had to look up their website, but it still doesn’t say where they are located, other than generically as Rockport.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That’s very cool. I have a home in Rockport and have never heard of Blue Lagoon Lodge. Had to look up their website, but it still doesn’t say where they are located, other than generically as Rockport.
You can find it on Google Maps. It's on the canals on Salt Lake off of Copano Bay. Relatively new, but great operation.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts