Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
12,531 Posts
Just thought I'd share, I just finished a 6 wt. I used NFC's Gamma Beta F-690 x4 blank. I'm amazed at how accurate it is!! Can't imagine how accurate it is for someone who knows what they're doing.
Amazing!! They make a really nice blank..
I finally finished my 12 and have half of the 10 wrapped. I’ll get the 7’s done soon and order the rest of the quiver. I have an 8 that is an Edge but built on the gamma beta blank that I’m swapping guides to CeRecoil strippers and REC snakes and tip like the others.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
I finally finished my 12 and have half of the 10 wrapped. I’ll get the 7’s done soon and order the rest of the quiver. I have an 8 that is an Edge but built on the gamma beta blank that I’m swapping guides to CeRecoil strippers and REC snakes and tip like the others.
Yep!! I put Cerecoil and Black pearl finish snakes on the one piece 8, 10 and 12 I built.
I had a great summer with those rods in the LGI area.. Great blanks form NFC and components from REC. I made the 6 wt for Seat trout. The 8s a little too much rod for my liking with them.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
12,531 Posts
Yep!! I put Cerecoil and Black pearl finish snakes on the one piece 8, 10 and 12 I built.
I had a great summer with those rods in the LGI area.. Great blanks form NFC and components from REC. I made the 6 wt for Seat trout. The 8s a little too much rod for my liking with them.
You have to catch the big girls for the 8 to be fun

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 · (Edited)
You have to catch the big girls for the 8 to be fun
The 8 was a lot of fun with the Snook and Jacks in fact one Jack really put her to the test. Great shit this Florida fishery. Don’t get me wrong north water Blues, Weaks and Stripers are a blast.
A different terrain, exploring new areas is a blast in and of it self. Put Snook, Reds and Trout on top of that and I’m in heaven. Tarpon are a hole different ball game, I hooked and landed one with my 11 wt, another one a few days later spit my fly almost in my face, I actually think he 😉 at me. Great shit....
Water Vertebrate Fluid Body of water Liquid
Water Liquid Vertebrate Fluid Mammal

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
The 8 was a lot of fun with the Snook and Jacks in fact one Jack really put her to the test. Great shit this Florida fishery. Don’t get me wrong north water Blues, Weaks and Stripers are a blast.
A different terrain, exploring new areas is a blast in and of it self. Put Snook, Reds and Trout on top of that and I’m in heaven. Tarpon are a hole different ball game, I hooked and landed one with my 11 wt, another one a few days later spit my fly almost in my face, I actually think he 😉 at me. Great shit.... View attachment 183544 View attachment 183545
This guy, after revived, which didn’t take long took off like a raped ape!!

101 - 105 of 105 Posts