Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
I've replaced all my production rods with NFC fly rods. I've built them all with the REC titanium double foot guides and carbon fiber handles. They are done of the best rods I've casted.
I always wanted to build on one of their 1pc blanks but seeing $450 sticker and listed as "moderate" action, I just can't bring myself to buy one without finding one to test cast first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sage fly rods web site lists their guide sizes and recommended spacing for all their rods.
I find that this is a good starting point and adjust sizes and spacing from there for what I am building.
Mike

·
Registered
55 Posts
@Greg Allison great summary.
I've replaced all my production rods with NFC fly rods. I've built them all with the REC titanium double foot guides and carbon fiber handles. They are done of the best rods I've casted.
Are NFC blanks the same as the Edge Rods? My understanding is that they are related or the same company/owner, but not sure if the blanks themselves are the same.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Do any of you know if NFC is active or are closed for vacation or illness? I’ve left several phone messages and emails with no response. I wouldn’t be so disappointed about being ignored if not for the fact I ordered a blank a couple weeks ago and would like to know a shipping date.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That seems to be the one thing people complain about NFC. Basically you place an order and when it arrives it arrives. Good luck getting someone on the phone etc.

That reputation is the only thing that scares me about them. On a good note everyone also seems to like the product.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That seems to be the one thing people complain about NFC. Basically you place an order and when it arrives it arrives. Good luck getting someone on the phone etc.

That reputation is the only thing that scares me about them. On a good note everyone also seems to like the product.
I can’t do business like that. Good service leads to repeat sales. it’ll be the last blank I buy from them.
Does anyone know who sells quality one piece blanks like Hardy, T&T, Loomis etc...

·
Registered
785 Posts
I can’t do business like that. Good service leads to repeat sales. it’ll be the last blank I buy from them.
Does anyone know who sells quality one piece blanks like Hardy, T&T, Loomis etc...
Shame they are still up to their same ol’ customer service issues. They are the only 1pc fly blank still around.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
11,599 Posts
I ordered my NFC blanks and grips last week and got them today. Also spoke with a rep and exchanged emails five times with no issues. Their customer service is much better now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
I ordered my NFC blanks and grips last week and got them today. Also spoke with a rep and exchanged emails five times with no issues. Their customer service is much better now.
Maybe I’m stuck in a time warp🤔
I’m sure it’ll show up eventually but better communication with a customer is always good for repeat sales.
I just emailed Steve Pitcock on a shipping update for a Blank ordered 3/22. Last attempt on this one:rolleyes:

·
I Love microskiff.com!
699 Posts
I always wanted to build on one of their 1pc blanks but seeing $450 sticker and listed as "moderate" action, I just can't bring myself to buy one without finding one to test cast first.
Check the price in the cart. They are always discounted. Shipping is always show but I've always been able to get ahold of them in the phone.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
11,599 Posts
All I can say is be persistent. Call and email until you get someone to reply. I have been communicating with Ashlynn. Steve Pitcock is the used car salesman of rod blanks, been dealing with him for years. One day I even spoke with Gary Loomis about some of the classic blank actions and how they compare to the newer line.

[email protected]

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
All I can say is be persistent. Call and email until you get someone to reply. I have been communicating with Ashlynn. Steve Pitcock is the used car salesman of rod blanks, been dealing with him for years. One day I even spoke with Gary Loomis about some of the classic blank actions and how they compare to the newer line.

[email protected]
I'll leave it be.. it'll get here when it gets here.
Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Same. I have built a whole quiver of NFC Gamma rods with REC snake foot in black titanium with carbon fiber grips and ALPS seats. They are as good or better than any rod I have ever casted, and I have casted most of them.

Reactions: GG34

·
Registered
187 Posts
Shame they are still up to their same ol’ customer service issues. They are the only 1pc fly blank still around.
Chris- I have not had that experience. I buy a LOT of blanks from them. If you want some information on a specific blank, call and talk to Steve. If he can't tell you everything you need to know (he can), he will hand you off to Gary. Their blanks are always on a rotating sale. Just get on their news letter. When I order, I call and ask if my blank is in stock. If it is, it goes out quickly. If not, they roll your blank when they have enough orders to make it worth it. I have waited up to two months, but I did so knowingly. They always answer and they are always reasonable to deal with. It ain't MudHole, but most businesses are not.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Chris- I have not had that experience. I buy a LOT of blanks from them. If you want some information on a specific blank, call and talk to Steve. If he can't tell you everything you need to know (he can), he will hand you off to Gary. Their blanks are always on a rotating sale. Just get on their news letter. When I order, I call and ask if my blank is in stock. If it is, it goes out quickly. If not, they roll your blank when they have enough orders to make it worth it. I have waited up to two months, but I did so knowingly. They always answer and they are always reasonable to deal with. It ain't MudHole, but most businesses are not.
That is good to hear! Communication is always key, good for you to ask and as you said, knowing is more than half the battle. No business is perfect.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Is it the Gama Beta that you guys prefer ??
They are both good. The alpha is moderate. the beta is fast. I use fast action rods.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
699 Posts
Gamma Beta for me too. I think the alpha is only in lighter weights and is moderate as renegade said.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts