'83 Johnson 2 Cyl 60HP Primer Solenoid ?

Discussion in 'Outboard Maintenance' started by fsae99, Nov 17, 2014.

1. fsae99

fsae99 I Love microskiff.com!

So fix must other fuel leaks, but when testing starter I noticed primer solenoid leaking when cranking with key pressed in. It leaks fuel out of the manual valve.

My question is do you think the kit in the link below would fix it. There is not an exact cross reference to a sierra part#. Also, I'm wonder if you guys think that would be the problem.

http://www.amazon.com/Sierra-International-18-7044-KIT-SERV-VALVE-EJ/dp/B0039069KI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0FDPYV7TNMTCNG3DNTEW

Thanks,
    Jim

2. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Just get the rebuild kit for the solenoid its like $15. Also i advise against anything Sierra. Also get all new lines and possibly new Ts and you should be leak free

3. fsae99

fsae99 I Love microskiff.com!

Cut,
    This is what I'm having trouble finding, got a part# of the rebuild kit for a 0582111 primer solenoid?

Thanks,
    Jim

4. Bob_Rogers

Bob_Rogers I Love microskiff.com!

0511808 is the replacement gasket, this part is almost always what needs replacement

5. cutrunner

Yea im not an omc guy so part numbers are out of my zone. I just went to my local omc mechanic

6. cutrunner

Which was also a help because all the primer fuel lines are a rare inside diameter size and only he had them

7. cutrunner

Which was also a help because all the primer fuel lines are a rare inside diameter size and only he had them