Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So fix must other fuel leaks, but when testing starter I noticed primer solenoid leaking when cranking with key pressed in. It leaks fuel out of the manual valve.

My question is do you think the kit in the link below would fix it. There is not an exact cross reference to a sierra part#. Also, I'm wonder if you guys think that would be the problem.

http://www.amazon.com/Sierra-International-18-7044-KIT-SERV-VALVE-EJ/dp/B0039069KI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0FDPYV7TNMTCNG3DNTEW

Thanks,
Jim

·
Cert. Yamaha technician
4,330 Posts
Just get the rebuild kit for the solenoid its like $15. Also i advise against anything Sierra. Also get all new lines and possibly new Ts and you should be leak free

·
I Love microskiff.com!
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just get the rebuild kit for the solenoid its like $15. Also i advise against anything Sierra. Also get all new lines and possibly new Ts and you should be leak free
Cut,
This is what I'm having trouble finding, got a part# of the rebuild kit for a 0582111 primer solenoid?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Cert. Yamaha technician
4,330 Posts
Yea im not an omc guy so part numbers are out of my zone. I just went to my local omc mechanic

·
Cert. Yamaha technician
4,330 Posts
Which was also a help because all the primer fuel lines are a rare inside diameter size and only he had them

·
Cert. Yamaha technician
4,330 Posts
Which was also a help because all the primer fuel lines are a rare inside diameter size and only he had them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts