Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Looking for a new 7 wt reel.

I never fished a Nautilus CCF-X2, NV-G, or Tibor Signature.

Please share pros and cons.

Thanks

·
Lowcountry Degen
1,611 Posts
Supposedly Tibor is coming out with a new "Tibor Light" style of reel to replace the Back Country, but I haven't heard much about it recently. You looking to purchase immediately?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not in a hurry ... just starting the search.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
164 Posts
I know this is a reflection of my fishing skill but fish rarely get on the reel on my 7wt. - Weight, Arbor Size, and Budget would be the criteria I use.
Good luck!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Supposedly Tibor is coming out with a new "Tibor Light" style of reel to replace the Back Country, but I haven't heard much about it recently. You looking to purchase immediately?
It is in final testing. COVID really pushed that back. It is going to be a good addition to the lineup and will do a great job replacing the Backcountry Wide.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Can’t wait to hear more on the new Tibor!

I had a CCF-X2 for a little while but had issues with the spool cap locking up. The reel was replaced but then did it again. It wasn’t too big of a deal until my leader ended up behind the spool and it was out of commission for the day before I rigged it up. The NVG coming in a 6/7 has always made my shortlist for a 7wt but I’ve not owned one, just messed with them at fly shops. A Hatch 5+ Mid Arbor is another great 7wt option.

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,866 Posts
Lamson Speedster -7+....great reel and doesn't run the price of the others. It will take care of any fish you would target with a 7.

·
waterman 16
281 Posts
Backcountry CL is my current 7 wt reel. I've caught bonefish on it, but like someone else said, it mostly just holds the line. It is a slight step up from the Nautilus "light" that I had before, but nothing like an Everglades or other Tibor. Fine for what it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts