SOLD/EXPIRED '66 Mustang for trade/sale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Un-shore, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

I have A '66 Mustang coupe I would consider trading if anyone is interested. I am thinking the value is around $7,800 to $8,600. My 4 year old daughter would kill me but its just sitting there.

2. litlblusrn4bigred

litlblusrn4bigred Well-Known Member

Re: '66 Mustang for trade

pics please.....would love to see it.   :cool:  my wife might like that.

3. Un-shore

working on those pictures, rough weekend.

4. Un-shore

Pics[​IMG][​IMG]

Car is a daily driver that does not get to drive daily. Original 289 4 bbl number matching motor. Semi restored by previous owner, refreshed more than restored. Original configuration and color. dealer installed A/C that blows cold when recharged. Ready for use or resoration. I personally would not use it for daily transportation for safety reasons, but it is fun to drive around town in. Mechanically sound but rear springs are "soft" and could use new shocks all around. Previous owner installed after market dual exhuast. Sounds good but not loud. The bad part is that Wilma blew my neighbors shingles into my carport and scratched the paint in a few places. not a big deal since it was a repaint anyway, but a couple of windows got scratched also. Not real bad but would cost you a concourse rating. The pictures do it justice, you can hardly see the scratches and the chrome has a little rust and some pitting. All the lights and wipers work, washer does not. Oh yeah, the 8 track stereo does not work either, sorry.

This car has great sentimental value to me and my wife. I was flying to Atlanta the morning of September 11 2001 and was stranded from the aftermath. My wife, who at the time was only an old freind, was visiting freinds in Tennesee. She drove down to pick me up and brought me back to Tenn. I bought this car to drive both of us back to FL which became a bonding experience that led us to our present status. My kids love this car and enjoy putting around the neighborhood. I hate to sell her but I have too many pots in the fire.

5. jighead

jighead Well-Known Member

do you still have the car?

6. tailchaser

tailchaser Well-Known Member

Sell your soul before you sell that car, you'll regret it!! Especially because of the story about how it basically started your marriage.

7. thresher

thresher Well-Known Member

I sold my GTO that my wife and I had the same story (not 9/11, but met , fell in love got married etc) then after we sold the car we got divorced. I am not blaming the sale of the goat, but seriously karma can whoop your butt. Trade ya a perfect '03 F150 for it. :)

8. Un-shore

Thresh,  If I traded it would karma make me trade my wife too? :-/ :'(
    I think Karma is more of a goat fan anyway.

Tailchaser, I traded my soul along time ago so I have no collateral left. [smiley=evil.gif]  But you are right, and it is a tough decision.

We first wanted to sell it and our two boats to help pay for a Gheenoe Classic, that may have tipped Karma out of our favor. Now we would only sell it and our 19'r to buy a more practical second car to drive around town and not have to sell my body to fill up our truck(once at least). Gas prices are outweighing the cost of a second car on the insurance. So I hope that Karma would be forgiving in that regard.

Jighead, yes I still have the car. Still tossing around the idea of selling it. This week is a "sell" week.

9. jighead

jighead Well-Known Member

pm sent

10. Un-shore

New price $6,250