Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m selling my Redington predator 9 foot 6 weight along with a Redington rise 5/6 reel in silver. Combo comes with a 6 weight Cortland flats taper line that is almost new, the line has only been fished a few times, and the rod hasn't been fished much more than that.

Rod has a pretty stiff action, this line suits it well for my casting, line has a fairly long taper and is pretty true to weight so it does well on long casts. If I was going to use this rod for exclusively close shots I’d probably put the Cortland guide taper on as I understand it is ½ of a line weight heavy. For general purpose, I think the flats taper is perfect for this rod. The Cortland line will coil some in really cold water (trout streams) but it shoots like crazy. I had a scientific angler grand slam on this setup before and I like the Cortland much more.

I bought this rod to double as a freshwater trout rod and a light salt water rod, really haven’t used it very much, it’s in perfect shape. Comes with rod, reel, line, backing, rod tube, reel case, reel box, and warranty info/card.

Price: $375 with free shipping

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts