Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 6 weight meridian on ebay to use as a light saltwater rod and to throw streamers with here in KY. Anyone have any thoughts on a line that would pair well with a meridian?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have an 8wt meridian and it loves rio flats pro. I like the stealth tip. I have caught some fish that I don’t think I would have without the clear tip on slightly miss judged shots where I overshot the fish. It’s pricey but I have had great results and it performs as they claim. Rarely a tangle and it lays out straight.

·
Registered
194 Posts
it's fine in the salt - I use it on my 6 wt method in the winter in the salt here in Texas and works great as a streamer set up in the fresh.

I don't use my 6 in the summer in the salt - use a heavier rod to manage the fish more quickly.

So full disclosure - not sure how it would handle super hot summer weather and water.
Could possibly get limp but the in touch lines are pretty stable.

while I do like the flats pro - its a mess in the colder weather - coils like mad - so I never use it in the fall/winter. I also don't love that line on the meridian. I'd recommend the rio bone fish for hot weather but doubt it would perform well as a streamer line.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's fine in the salt - I use it on my 6 wt method in the winter in the salt here in Texas and works great as a streamer set up in the fresh.

I don't use my 6 in the summer in the salt - use a heavier rod to manage the fish more quickly.

So full disclosure - not sure how it would handle super hot summer weather and water.
Could possibly get limp but the in touch lines are pretty stable.

while I do like the flats pro - its a mess in the colder weather - coils like mad - so I never use it in the fall/winter. I also don't love that line on the meridian. I'd recommend the rio bone fish for hot weather but doubt it would perform well as a streamer line.
I figured bonefish lines probably wouldn’t turn bigger flies over as good. I’m pumped to put it all together, really appreciate y’alls help

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got to play around in the yard with my new rio Intouch gold and was super impressed. Can’t sit to get out and fish with it. Thanks brokeoff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts