55 trolling motor

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by steve77777, Dec 2, 2013.

1. steve77777

steve77777 I Love microskiff.com!

motor seems to not have full power,I checked the wires and it has the wires from front to the battery which is under consel,the wires get alittle smaller, battery is a blue top new and charged- could it be wires or do the trolling motors go bad minn kota 55 -6 years old i think

2. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

Trolling motors definitely go bad after a while, especially the old 5-speeds. If the wires were to small it would build up resistance and pop the breaker/fuse. If it's just missing the highest speed then the controller might be worn out.

3. Check wires going to plug also make sure that you nuts are very tight on battery I had this same thing happen and I thought it was the tm but it ended up being loose connections