Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fly-By-Night
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a xi5 12v. If I wanted to run 2 batteries paralleled, not in a 24v series for long nights in heavy current would that be any issue. I didn't want the requirement of having to have 2 batteries all the time, because I may on occasion use this motor on my skiff as well.

Any one do this? What do you guys think?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
482 Posts
I used to have a 55# bow mount and an 80# stern mount so I had 2 batteries. I could wire them in series or parallel depending on which motor I took and either worked fine. For the same thrust/speed I think the 55 in parallel will drain the batteries sooner.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Get a pair of golf cart charging plugs and wire them the way you choose. When you need the second battery, put it in its box and plug it in. Easy peasy.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Batteries drain on a
I used to have a 55# bow mount and an 80# stern mount so I had 2 batteries. I could wire them in series or parallel depending on which motor I took and either worked fine. For the same thrust/speed I think the 55 in parallel will drain the batteries sooner.
12 v system will be stronger than drain on a 24v system.
Likewise from a 24v to 36 v
Several guys i fish w carry spare 12v Reasons for not running in parallel vary , but space / balance usually the issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts