SOLD/EXPIRED $500 Gladesman Hull

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by AfterHours2, Oct 14, 2011.

1. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Talked with the guy and claims that it was one of the first ever made hence no title or VIN. Not sure how you would go about titling it but it surely would be a heck of a deal with the platform and jackplate.
    http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/2649898114.html

2. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

OH MY GAWD!
    Deals like this never pop up when cash is in hand! Makes me wish I had waited just a little longer on the build! I would have LOVED to get my hands on this!

This makes me wonder though. Has ECC built any gladesmen with-in the last 2-3 years? You don't hear much about the hull anymore. I think interest in it has fizzled. I PERSONALLY think they should reintroduce it as a set of plans for a cedar strip version. I'd be first in line to buy the plans- if priced right! That would be a cool lil skiff to build.....

3. GTSRGTSR

GTSRGTSR Well-Known Member

I have the cash in pocket but had a rough experience with a boat with no title. Kevin should buy it and title it!!!

4. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

If it sounds too good to be true.........

If it really was one of the first ecc gladesmen it would have a HIN #.

5. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

true that !!
    if it was a OG why would it still be floating around for sale ??
    -anytide

6. AfterHours2

Well, looks like the boat didn't last very long. It has been bothering me that I didn't pick it up last night but the whole story seemed a little suspect to me. It's not everyday that you could own a gladesman for $500. I guess I will have to wait and price out a new one.. :(

7. salt_life

salt_life west coast punk!

not even the tax on a new one!

8. AfterHours2

On that note, does anyone have an idea what a basic Gladesman runs new now days. Im talking simple, no trailer poling platform or anything just basic. Thx..

9. East_Cape

East_Cape Well-Known Member

9k with trailer

10. cal1320

cal1320 Well-Known Member

If you want bare bones, look into the Lodge Gmen. No huge deck on the front, but it would be very light.

Kevin, Any truth to this mystery early Gmen with no HIN?