5 year snook stamp

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by backwaterbandits, May 27, 2009.

1. backwaterbandits

backwaterbandits Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if my 5 year snook stamp
    on my 5 year saltwater license will be valid with
    the snook stamp going up from $2 to $10?
    If it is, then if someone bought a 5yr license and
    snook stamp before July 1st they would save
    $40.00!

2. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

I can not guarantee it, but I would guess you are covered.

I have a lifetime sportsman's license and nobody has ever called me and asked me to pay the increases over the years. If I remember correctly it was stated in the brochure as one of the key reasons to buy a long term license was that you are not subject to price increases and I think that is why I made the decision to do so.

3. HaMm3r

HaMm3r Well-Known Member

I noticed the price increase too. I plan to try and renew my 5 year stamp a year early before the price hike. Will still be a lot cheaper even if I lose a year on my old stamp.

4. backwaterbandits

backwaterbandits Well-Known Member

One thing that always bugged me is that
    Fl. does not offer a 5yr. fresh/salt combo...
    I never could understand why...

5. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Now that the State is electronic with licenses you may not be able to until 30 days prior to expiration of your current.

A friend and I wnet to BPS when he was buying another hunting license because he lost his and wanted to be legal. He was told he could not buy one until it is within 30 days of expiration. He was also informed that if checked the LEO can verify a valid license by your drivers license number.

I can testify that the LEO's can check because I regularly forget mine and they type my DL # into their hand held computer and they can verify on the spot.

Good luck

6. Fuzzy_Bruce

Fuzzy_Bruce Well-Known Member

I have a 5 year fresh/salt/snook combo bought in '07

While chatting with a Ranger at Flamingo, I asked similar questions. Was told there are no additional fees once your license is purchased. If I wasn't such an old phart, I'd consider the lifetime license