4th Annual Flamingo to Islamorada Weekend Trip - 2012

Discussion in 'Events, Open Houses, Shows' started by bermuda, Aug 22, 2012.

1. bermuda

bermuda Well-Known Member

Tommy/TGunn asked me to post this with a link to the event on the FS forum.  The link is below along with the info.  This is a very cool run to make.

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?71410-4th-Annual-Flamingo-to-Islamorada-Weekend-Trip-2012

"Keeping with tradition of having the trip on the same weekend as the Columbus Day Regatta, this year's run from Flamingo to Islamorada is set for the weekend of 10/6.

Departure time from the Flamingo Marina channel is 12:30pm.

Many of us will stay over in Islamorada as in years past. Some of us will be watching the Gators get stomped by LSU Saturday night in Islamorada. Others who wish to run back before dark usually can follow someone familiar with the route.

This is a fun run and anyone who would like to have the GPS route can benefit from the trip."

[edit]Time change to 11:30am[/edit]

2. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

[movedhere] General Discussion [move by] iMacattack.

Moved topic to events.

Hope to make it this year!

3. iMacattack

I have it on my calendar... hope I can make it though.

4. bermuda

C'mon there's gotta be some other microskiffers that wanna make this run - and we need at least one jon boat lol.

5. Ckirk57

Ckirk57 Well-Known Member

I'd like to go, it's the damn 8 hour drive from Crystal River that kills me. I've never been to Flamingo so just to have the GPS tracks for future reference would be awesome.

6. bermuda

The trip is awesome - i wasn't able to make it last year but went the year before. I recommend it and say its worth the drive - i would just stay down here an extra day or two to make it worthwhile.

7. iMacattack

I'm in and reservations booked. Staying at La Jolla.

8. eric_f

eric_f I Love microskiff.com!

9. iMacattack

Can we get a head count and bote type?

This year I decided to bring out da big bhot ;D

Scout 192 w/150 2 smoker! ;D

10. tortuga

tortuga Well-Known Member

I am planning on bringing my bohemian and I think Allen is going to bring his bohemian as well. Staying at La Jolla .

11. bermuda

I'm in with Bonefisher 16 - haven't made reservations yet

12. sageman

sageman Well-Known Member

I'm coming this year with a 16. Didn't make reservations yet though.

13. iMacattack

Looking forward to seeing everyone out there!

14. bermuda

is everyone just staying 1 nite or 2? i called LaJolla and they told me two night minimum only...

Thanks

15. bermuda

We would rather stay 2 nights also but want to make sure there are other boats to go back with - not too keen on making the trip back alone lol. Maybe we can get a poll on who's returning sunday and who's returning on monday.....I think i saw some folks on the other forum are returning on monday also......

16. iMacattack

I'm headed down Friday leaving Sunday. Going to drive to La Jola. Not going to drive to the park. Did this last year, much easier.

17. bermuda

That's a good idea - i looked it up on google maps and from where i'm coming from its 30 mins longer to drive to flamingo vs islamorada. I may do the same

18. tortuga

tortuga Well-Known Member

I am going down friday night and running over to flamingo in the morning then running back to islamorada and spending the night saturday, returning to sarasota sunday. It should be a blast and hopefully the weather will cooperate. It is usually pretty good weather . I grew in miami and went to the Columbus day regatta probably 10 times and always had decent weather for the weekend. a little rain never hurts. a little i said. lol