40hp yamaha acelaration problem

Discussion in 'Outboard Maintenance' started by Puertoricoinshore, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Puertoricoinshore

Puertoricoinshore dont just fish fly fish!!!!!!

Actually i think the problem is in the cables or the controls is not working or broken, and the need of another prop. The thing is that their is no mid range speed beacuse you have to go allllllll the way down (foward)to pick speed. Very slow it will start to pick up speed but you can fill that motor is not full throttle, and their no more beacuse the control is at full. Any ideas before i take the control apart. Ooh not my boat is my friend boat but is mine for the next to weeks and i am goingf to used. Thanks

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Sounds like it's running rich.... :-?

Pull the spark plugs and check for carbon deposits or excess oil.

3. Puertoricoinshore

Thanks! Brett. I will check them today.

4. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

I once had the cable sheath move when accelerated slowly. When I nailed it - it worked fine. Make sure the sheath is not moving at all.

5. Puertoricoinshore

Problem fix! New prop and adjusment of the speed cable. tested yesterday now it running full throttle. But i still think is something wrong with the control.