Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My favorite tarpon rod is the 1 piece Hardy, but I fly to my poon fishing a fair amount so need a 4 pc. My guide seems to have a different rod every year and I don't like that b/c it takes me a day or so to get the timing down. I've heard the 4 piece Hardy isn't at all the same as the 1, otherwise this would be easy. Most all of the fly shops around me have closed in recent months so I can't try them out. Only thing I can come up with is ordering 4 sticks from a fly shop, lawn casting them all, then keep the one I want and send back the others. Any other ideas?

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,387 Posts
Just get the 4pcs Zephyrus 11wt. It's really not that noticeable between the 2, especially when you see that silver string coming down the line. I think you can feel it loading slightly better than the 1pcs. Also, if you are a gear head like I think you are (I'm sure I know who you are ;)), be the one of the first ones to get the new HBX 4pc. I hear it feels like a 1pc Zephyrus. I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet to try it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts