SOLD/EXPIRED 30HP 3 cyl Yamaha short shaft

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by paint it black, Sep 8, 2008.

1. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

My buddy is selling a 30hp short shaft 3 cyl yamaha. The motor ran fine, but was taken off a boat that was getting restored by another friend of ours. The friend who was restoring the boat gave up, and sold the motor to my other buddy. Now he's selling it because he has no use for it. I bought it expecting to build himself a 16 foot gheenoe, but he ended up getting a 16 foot mod-v sea nymph with a 40hp on it. So he's selling the motor. He's asking 500 obo. The motor hasn't been started in a while, but it's still a great motor. Motor comes with throttle controls, and I believe the steering mechanism with the cable for it.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

do you have pics?

3. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

what year is the motor?

4. paint it black

I will get pics and the model number if you want. It's my friends motor so I'll see if Saturday I go by his house and get pics and figure out the year. It's a really nice motor, and it's worth a lot of cash or so we have been told by several boat mechanics. He had put a new impeller several months ago but hasn't ran the motor. It's missing the prop but he has it somewhere in his shed. He's selling it because money's tight and he's trying to buy new gear for early waterfowl.

5. paint it black

Alright. I called him and asked him and he said it's an 87.