2nd generation Copperhead

Discussion in 'The Commercial Zone' started by copperhead, Apr 17, 2011.

1. copperhead

copperhead Well-Known Member

Well, after 7 long months, Ankona is pleased to announce our 2nd generation Copperhead.  So what's different?  Just about everything, since the skiff has totally new tooling for every component.  Every change was to improve performance and upgrade the fit and finish.  Length is now 16' 4” with a 70” beam.  Still 11” wide walk around gunnels, but larger front deck and cockpit interior space.  Molded toe rail on the front deck. Twin stern hatches with the port side a standard  20 gal live well ready for plumbing.  All hatches have tight tolerances with flat gasketing underneath for a really dry compartment.  Speaking of compartments,  inside of each have smooth molded structural liners for a great finish and helped us keep the skiff at its same poling draft.

New hull mods include a new drop nose sharp V to give a really smooth ride for a skiff in this class.  Sharp edges on the bottom chines and stern edges (along with other 'secrets') make the hull more efficient.  It planes quicker, turns tighter and is about 10% faster at full throttle with 30hp.

The result?  Large uncluttered deck, faster, dryer and smoother ride, great fit & finish while keeping it a great poling technical poling skiff.

Mel & Crew
    Ankona Boats

Ft. Pierce, Florida

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. makin moves

makin moves Well-Known Member

3. capt_gordon

capt_gordon Goin where the climate suits my clothes.

4. rkmurphy

rkmurphy Well-Known Member

BEAUTIFUL!! Price?! And what HP is she rated for?

5. jrod0785

jrod0785 Well-Known Member

Very very nice! Beautiful boat! Cant wait to see some more pics.

6. Cody_F

Cody_F 2012 ankona copperhead 60etec

Needs a bigger logo ;)

7. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

Nice! Great to finally see it capped.
    Can't wait to run it!
    Hopefully I will be a proud owner of a gen two if i can sell mine.

8. thawk

thawk Noobin' it up!

How much you gonna ask for it?? ;D

9. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Your gonna have to PAY for all that fish mojo!!! Jk

10. Cody_F

Cody_F 2012 ankona copperhead 60etec

Cant wait to get mine.

11. copperhead

A couple more pics....

Detail of stern area with finished glass hatch over motor well to keep a really clean look

[​IMG]

New hull in a slow speed turn staying on a plane, shows some underneath hull detail (including some masking tape we missed  :) )

[​IMG]

And most of all, thanks for the compliments!

M

12. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

Mel, I have TWO statements to make:
    1.) Thank you for building a sweet skiff at a price that makes a fella like me whose cheap AND poor smile!

2.) Dude you are making it really difficult for me to continue with my plan to build a freaking boat! Really, what are you trying to do? Sabotage my future boat building bragging rights? I was looking forward to a future in which I could say, "yeah, I tie my own flies, build my own rods, and built my own boat!" Now, instead that I'm might have to say, "I tie my own flies, build my own rods, and I watched Mel build my boat!" lol

Great Job!

13. BobR305

BobR305 Guest

Nice job Mel, that is a fly fishermans wet dream waiting to happen. Oops too late  ::) keep up the good work and keep moving forward.

14. winyahjay

winyahjay Well-Known Member

Good call on the motor well hatch - looks nice

15. kstovall82

kstovall82 I Love microskiff.com!

Really nice boat Mel, I had made up my mind on a SUV 17 but now you aare making me rethink. love the motor well, that is one beautiful boat!!

16. captd

captd homesick

great lookin

17. Surfincb

Surfincb I Love microskiff.com!

Pretty darn nice! Still liking the SUV 17 :) Would love to see that boat in the water along side!

18. copperhead

The new Copperhead would not be the skiff it is without experience we had with the SUV 17. The 17 (IMO is a simply great hull underbody, very much under appreciated except for those that own one) and we took those attributes and applied that experience to the new CPH hull.

19. Chevystroked383

Chevystroked383 I Love microskiff.com!

When's my blueranium one with the forty gonna be done ;)