Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'04 HB Devilray Merc 25 HP
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any real world experience with different 4 stroke 25 HP outboards?

I can't seem to find real world fuel consumption from Suzuki, Evinrude, Mercury. Yamaha has theirs posted but I was surprised that their fuel burn seemed a lot closer to my 2-stroke than I originally thought. I need to get a 1 gallon jug and just measure it out more accurately.

I have been on the fence about upgrading to a four stroke for the last 4 months, I can't seem to make the leap.

·
Registered
261 Posts
What your average fuel burn on your 25 2 stroke? Mine is 1.25 gph roughly. The Yamaha 25 4 stroke is a beast and has a lot of low end. It’s a heavy motor than the 2 stroke but I think it would make up for it with the low end. I would call the Yamaha four stroke burn closer to 1gph just ballparking. It does suck more fuel than the 20hps

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think my fuel burn is more than that. Closer to 2-2.5 gph with a fresh power head and carb clean/tune this is pretty close to the studies ive seen for the 2 strokes. The Yamaha Website on their test platforms has a fuel burn max of 2.8 gph with an average cruise burn of 2.1? :eek: I've been really happy with the 2 stroke umph down low with my old stainless prop. I need to throw an Powertech SRA prop on it I think though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have a SRA3 for a Yamaha if you want to try it out. Can’t remember the pitch off top of my head but it’s 12 or 13

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a SRA3 for a Yamaha if you want to try it out. Can’t remember the pitch off top of my head but it’s 12 or 13
I'd take you up on that in a heart beat! I run a 13 now!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Tohatsu still lists a 25 and 30 horse two stroke motors on their website. 112 pounds. Prolly only available outside the US?

Reactions: flyclimber

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tohatsu still lists a 25 and 30 horse two stroke motors on their website. 112 pounds. Prolly only available outside the US?
Probably. It might be like the mercury seapro series same old 2 stroke but only available outside US

1 - 13 of 13 Posts