24' Carbon Fiber Pushpole, 5lbs: $685, 21' CF, 4lbs, 3oz: $585

Discussion in 'The Commercial Zone' started by JoeWelbourn, Jul 7, 2009.

1. JoeWelbourn

JoeWelbourn "The Flats Solicitor"

We have been working on the new Carbon Marine textured pushpole for awhile.  Carbon Marine now has a premium grade pushpole available.  The CM pushpole is comparable to the Stiffy Graphite in stiffness and weight without the extra shipping cost associated with Stiffy one-piece pushpoles.  I plan to have one at the July 18th Microskiff gathering.

In the photo we used a TFO Mangrove tip and foot.   We have a radical new foot design that is much lighter, but they arrive in a few weeks.   

Lastly, I am working on a plan to delivery pushpoles throughout Florida.  Fisherman and dealers are excited.  Fisherman can buy direct and not get crushed with the shipping costs.  Dealers no longer have to hold 8-12 pushpoles in inventory to get reasonable shipping pricing.  I will post the dates and route once I get it finalized. 

[​IMG]

Length: 21' up to 24'
    Weight: 4 lbs, 3 oz at 21'; 5 lbs at 24'
    Price: $585 for 21' assembled; $685 for 24' assmbled

Construction: carbon fiber filament wound overlapping tape and yarn on top of unidirectional carbon fiber thread and epoxy; four sections (for 21'), three 12" ferrules, a tip, and a foot.

Finish: ribbed shark-skin like with the resistance oriented towards the tip of thrust with added carbon fiber yarn to create a ribbed texture.  You get maximum grip as you push. That means the roughness is against the push down regardless of which end you use to pole forward.
    Example Tip>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<Foot

Stiffness: comparable to a Stiffy Graphite. 

Worth noting,  I strongly prefer to sell pushpoles assembled and offer a warranty against leaks.  Asssembly a pushpole seems easy, but when something goes wrong and it leaks, you will be extremely disappointed and frustrated you did not simply buy it assembled.

I know fisherman are price sensitive, but this pushpole has significantly better material quality, tolerences, and performance verses our other popular pushpole the TFO Mangrove (more flexible and around 4 lbs, 11 oz assembled at 19'5").  So now, the finicky extreme pushpole'r has another option in choosing a pushpole.  Personally, I use a Carbon Marine 24' pushpole on my 18 foot ECC Caimen.  I love it. 

Feel free to can me anytime you seek advice on pushpoles, I will be glad to help you understand your options even if you choose to buy from someone else.  Here is my number: 813-928-9887.

Joe