Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sounds like my Evo X is getting ready tonhead to rigging. I can't wait to see how this skiff turns out. I went guide green hull w/ oyster white deck with a blackout package. She will be powered by a 90SHO and some goodies like a Simrad Evo 12 and Power Pole. I'll get some pics posted as soon as I pick it up and let everyone know my first impressions. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 115 isn't available on the evo x but I would have gone with the standard evo I would have put the xs on it. I just think yamaha and mercury make a better product and I'm sure some would argue with that but there's a reason you pay a premium to upgrade from Suzuki. Kevin told me top speeds would be pretty close but the SHO had better mid range and how often are you wide open throttle in a poling skiff?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Zuke on my Towee and I love the motor. This Evo is my dream build so I opted for SHO, this is probably the only time I'll do a full blown new build so I went all out. I think either choice would be a good one and if you're on the fence pick the motor with a solid dealer support near you.

·
Registered
2021 East Cape Vantage 2022 East Cape Bay 2012 East Cape Caimen. 2016 Towee Calusa pro
418 Posts
I saw your boat last week. Looks great! I'll be there tomorrow. I will give you an update!

·
Registered
2021 East Cape Vantage 2022 East Cape Bay 2012 East Cape Caimen. 2016 Towee Calusa pro
418 Posts
She got wet tested today! 😉

We’ve got final punch and detail left. Sweet ride!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Anytime my man

·
I Love microskiff.com!
73 Posts
Damn that thing must fly on an X. I have the same setup on my V and it flies out of the hole, tops out around 42-43 with factory prop. That one should touch 50? Good looking boat for Sure!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Damn that thing must fly on an X. I have the same setup on my V and it flies out of the hole, tops out around 42-43 with factory prop. That one should touch 50? Good looking boat for Sure!
Can confirm that she scoots! ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kevin sent me a video. I haven't heard any numbers yet but I'll keep everyone posted. I think I hit the color scheme on the head. The green with blackout is killer! Can't wait to put my eyes on her.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts