Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this boat about a month ago! Still working on getting it set up just how I want it. But so far it has been extremely impressive. It has a 25 HP Yamaha on it and will push the boat with a powetech 4 blade about 27-28 MPH with a fishing load. Sips gas and goes very shallow. This boat poles really well. Tracks well and is responsive to any adjustment with the push pole. I fish several private lakes in my area and carry it down to LA marsh often, so aluminum is best for me and what I do, and this boat is a very well built aluminum hull. It does have some minor hull slap, but not near as bad as some Jon's I have been in. So far I have added a Lowrance HDS 7 Carbon, Bob's Mini Jac , Minn Kota Terrova, and a Micro powerpole. Would like to turf it eventually, but for now just ready to get some slime in it!

Water Boat Sky Watercraft Vehicle

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
This is the perfect example of what a quality skiff should be ! Quality Aluminum built to last a lifetime ! Built with Love in Beautiful Bonafay !!!

Reactions: mattmass

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Nice. I can't tell if it has the walkable gunnels like some of them do?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2015 Xtreme riverskiff with a 25 Merc. That boat has been from the White River to Steinhatchee.
It is very well built and an excellent fishing platform. I dont know how to post pics but I did put Seadek on the bench and front deck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’ve been looking at these boats for awhile, I’m just not a fan of their poling platform! But man this seems like a great boat for the coast and rough areas

This would be my biggest complaint about the boat. Not going to do it now, but down the road I will have someone probably make a new poling platform to go on the boat. With a tiller extension on it, you are limited when steering to the left. So you are forced to sit further back to operate the tiller without the extension. Not a good design, but a small issue for me. I love the boat.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I hate when boat builders don't have the foresight to build a poling platform that doesn't impend the full timer range like the ones east cape use. Nice tin boat op looks like a fishing machine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts