Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time for a new skiff and hoping for delivery next week. Frankie and Preston at Xplor Boatworks have been great to work with and I’m stoked to get back on the water again for Tarpon season.

The new “P” performance version has a reworked running surface with lifting strakes, running pad and integrated spray rails.

-60HP Suzuki
-Whisper gray hull and console w/live well a white deck, gray cushions
-Flat black hardware
-6’ PowePole
-Simrad Evo3 9” with gauge setup
-Motorguide Xi5 80lb 48" 24v GPS

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,994 Posts
Yea don't forget that power pole

Reactions: jboriol

·
I Love microskiff.com!
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pick her up Monday 😍

More pics to come...
sneak peak on Xplor’s Insta page...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pick her up Monday 😍

More pics to come...
sneak peak on Xplor’s Insta page...
Picked her up today. Didn’t get a chance to get it out yet. Have some Seadek getting templated tomorrow for undergunnel pads. Overall very pleased with the color combo and overall setup.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Looks great.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Would love to know real world draft once you splash her
Maiden voyage yesterday and poled around a little. Had wife, teenage son and mid-size dog, almost full fuel tank, and beach gear and we were drafting about 7”.

So 6-7” for comparably equipped skiff would be typical with reasonable load people, fuel and gear. They advertise 5”-7” so it’s pretty accurate and what I expected. Tiller, carbon build, etc. would shave some # off to get it lower.
I’m still breaking in engine so not sure about performance data just yet. Suzuki’s website tested a HB professional with Zuke 60 and at the lower rpms I ran I seemed slightly better than those numbers though it’s a lighter hull. The few times I got up on plane it did seem to have plenty of thrust to jump up quickly and engine is silky smooth. They also redesigned the hull with lifting strokes and running pad so it rides higher in the water than previously models. Yesterday was about a 1.5’ chop and it did very well with going wave top to wave top vs. digging in like some skiffs I’ve been in. So you don’t get beat to death, maintain control, fuel efficiency, minimize bow steer and its a drier ride because hull is riding higher and spray rails do their job. Overall pleased with the skiff. I’ll post some performance data when I get through the engine break in period.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Only four rod holders. Don't you know you need a minimum of eight? 😉

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maiden voyage yesterday and poled around a little. Had wife, teenage son and mid-size dog, almost full fuel tank, and beach gear and we were drafting about 7”.

So 6-7” for comparably equipped skiff would be typical with reasonable load people, fuel and gear. They advertise 5”-7” so it’s pretty accurate and what I expected. Tiller, carbon build, etc. would shave some # off to get it lower.
I’m still breaking in engine so not sure about performance data just yet. Suzuki’s website tested a HB professional with Zuke 60 and at the lower rpms I ran I seemed slightly better than those numbers though it’s a lighter hull. The few times I got up on plane it did seem to have plenty of thrust to jump up quickly and engine is silky smooth. They also redesigned the hull with lifting strokes and running pad so it rides higher in the water than previously models. Yesterday was about a 1.5’ chop and it did very well with going wave top to wave top vs. digging in like some skiffs I’ve been in. So you don’t get beat to death, maintain control, fuel efficiency, minimize bow steer and its a drier ride because hull is riding higher and spray rails do their job. Overall pleased with the skiff. I’ll post some performance data when I get through the engine break in period.
How did it pole?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How did it pole?
Initial observations were...quiet (I was near a sand bar with boat wakes and ripples) so I was pleasantly surprised that it was dead silent. Stable from side to side and minimal squat so pretty well behaved. At 18’9” bigger than I’m used to with previous skiff at 15’10” but I propelled it easier than I expected. All that said I’ve not been on them platform all day as I typically would so I’ll report back after a real world test.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts