Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

2021 EVO

20K views 71 replies 28 participants last post by  Tripletail 
#1 ·
There are a couple guys on here that are in front of me (sorry about the hurricanes guys- btw I think what comes after Zeta is Antifa) but I've got to give you guys a sneak peek at my EVO build. Super excited.

See less See more
#41 ·
I know a lot about falling, but generally only down stairs with a sudden stop hitting pilings with my head, so I get it.

Was unaware of Boeshield, thanks for the tip. I've only had two boats that I used in saltwater, the Glide I had last year for a few months which got washed down after every trip, and decades ago a Stratus Bay boat that was sponsored so I only had it for a year. So certainly I'm a newbie to maintaining a boat used in the salt all the time. Any/all advice is greatly appreciated.

#51 ·
So here is what she looks like now. Still to add are cup holders on the front seat and a drivers lean bar. Doing the standup console was a great idea, got to test it out today running a tight, twisty channel in the marsh. Yesterday got to run it in 1.5' chop, smooth and dry. Top speed so far is 52mph, one direction, without fiddling with the jack plate, 6150rpm. But it's a bit slower now after deviating a couple of feet off line today and running the prop through somer oysters. Gotta get a file tomorrow and clean it up a little. Hey, I build it to be a redfish boat.

I'm thinking I may try a shaw wing cav plate as I can't run the jack plate very high without the prop blowing out. Awesome boat.

#52 ·
Saw your comment about the cavitation plate. I've got a 2020 EVOX. The standard 16 pitch PowerTech blows out before I get the jack plate up, but I've got two Foreman heavy cupped props, a 13 and a 14.5 pitch, that never cavitate or blow out. I'd suggest trying a heavy cupped custom prop before going the cavitation plate route. I wish I'd put one on my skiff years ago!

Great looking skiff you've got! Well done.

Ward

#54 ·
Saw your comment about the cavitation plate. I've got a 2020 EVOX. The standard 16 pitch PowerTech blows out before I get the jack plate up, but I've got two Foreman heavy cupped props, a 13 and a 14.5 pitch, that never cavitate or blow out. I'd suggest trying a heavy cupped custom prop before going the cavitation plate route. I wish I'd put one on my skiff years ago!

Great looking skiff you've got! Well done.

Ward
Thanks Ward I'll give Jack a call.

#59 ·
Had a great conversation with Jack Foreman yesterday. He's gonna work up a "marsh" propellor for my EVO. I'm looking to be able to go higher with the jack plate, not slide in the turns, and lift the transom on takeoff. Gonna be interesting working up a prop. I'll loose a fair amount of top-end but I'm fine with that.

The welders finished the drivers lean bar/seat so its off to upholstery now. Really looking forward to getting this on the boat.

#67 · (Edited)
Ran the lean bar today from flat water canals to 2 1/2’ waves. It is absolutely perfect. Sitting or standing/leaning we fitted it perfectly. It went from Mr Toads wild ride (with nothing keeping me from being thrown out of the back of the boat), to allowing me to “wear” the boat. And today confirmed for me that I picked the right boat for Louisiana. The EVO is awesome. Well done East Cape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.