Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Does East Cape still do their tubing fabrication in house? I always thought that was a nice value added thing they had going on, full custom pipe work inhouse.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,373 Posts
Does East Cape still do their tubing fabrication in house? I always thought that was a nice value added thing they had going on, full custom pipe work inhouse.
Not on site with the boat building but yes. All of their metal work is top shelf quality. Also why you can get what you want.

·
You got to get burned to learn
444 Posts
Latest pic from yesterday. First time I've seen the poling platform, looking good. Will be picking it up right after the first of the year. Itchin to get fishin.
I was at the shop on Tuesday and saw it first hand and my god she's a beaut. You are very lucky!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The upholstery is done. I went with Sunbrella as a fabric, because I like the look, I like the feel, and I haven't seen it very often.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Got this picture yesterday. I don't know why but I love pictures like this. I guess cause it reminds me of my youth and get an engine I rebuilt dropped into my Jeep and hooking up just enough stuff that I could start and run it, with the headers uncorked of course, and usually after mid-night. Anyway here's the team getting ready to take it to the lake to wet test it. Exciting times.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
My personal experience with the Atlas is that it's superior the Bob's. And, IIRC, the Atlas are made in the USA.
Having personally installed over 1,000 Bob’s units and hundreds of the rest, nothing to date even comes remotely close to a Bob’s and everything is far from superior! That is a fact! I have Bob’s plates running up here that I installed 20 plus years ago without so much as a hiccup! As far as price goes, quality and reliability count for a big portion of cost IMO and there isn’t anyone building kits to make the Bob’s plates last without binding or breaking like the micro jackers!

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Sweet skiff!

Reactions: new2theflats

·
Registered
208 Posts
Picking my baby up tomorrow, gonna side eye yours while Im there! Def interested to check out your step on the PP and the size of the motor!

Really good looking boat man, you're going to love it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Picking my baby up tomorrow, gonna side eye yours while Im there! Def interested to check out your step on the PP and the size of the motor!

Really good looking boat man, you're going to love it.
Thanks. What did you have built?

I would have gone with a 90hp but the weight difference between the two just isn't that much. And the Chitum I fished out of in LA has a 115 ProXS and we had no problem getting to the fish.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a '19 EVO, they were just doing some work for me. For sure once you get to the next size engine block from the 60/70 I think the 115 is a no brainer. I went with a little ol 60 though lol. I keep telling myself I want more speed but Im not sure. I rode on my buddies beavertail with a 115 and its a little much!

I keep a cooler on top of my live well now and I use it to step down off the platform. Well I ate #($* getting on it a few weeks back and now Im think about having them weld up something like yours, hence why Ill be checking it out.

You will see when you pick it up, you end up wandering around the shop checking out other peoples builds. Its always cool to see what people come up with.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I dont think you are new to boats but here's a Pro tip, use this every 6 months or so on every piece of metal on the boat.
Boeshield T-9® | Corrosion Protection and Waterproof Lubrication

Then use dialectric grease on every single electrical connector.

My boat has about 110 hrs this past year, and I dont have a single spot of rust or corrosion. More than I can say for my last boat!

21 - 40 of 67 Posts