A few small updates:

Electrical system with Switch panel
bilge pump
Gas tank relocated to Bow

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How has it handled in chop? Alot of wind lately has made my gheenoe a no go.Looking to upgrade how have you liked it so far?
Wind has really been blowing and I’ve been a no go as well. Biggest difference from my Gheenoe Classic is how Quiet the south Dade is, also floats a little shallower.

Reactions: JC Designs

·
I Love microskiff.com!
456 Posts
How do you keep that fuel tank from sliding out? ive noticed on these skiffs there’s nothing really stopping everything under that front deck from sliding out when you come up on plane

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
How do you keep that fuel tank from sliding out? ive noticed on these skiffs there’s nothing really stopping everything under that front deck from sliding out when you come up on plane
Couple dabs of silicone on the bottom side of the tank, once dry the rubbery texture keeps it in place. I also keep my cooler behind it. Eventually I’ll get some type of bungees/cargo net secured.

Reactions: Jred and JC Designs

·
Registered
7 Posts
has it seen any chop?just looking for something a bit better on taking unexpected chop on returns mostly through whitewater bay and biscayne bay.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
has it seen any chop?just looking for something a bit better on taking unexpected chop on returns mostly through whitewater bay and biscayne bay.
Better than my gheenoe in a chop, but it wasn’t designed to eat up chop. Light weight and flat bottom. It’s great at what it’s meant for: effortless poling and floating in inches.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Better than my gheenoe in a chop, but it wasn’t designed to eat up chop. Light weight and flat bottom. It’s great at what it’s meant for: effortless poling and floating in inches.
Thanks, thats what im looking for also but more capable of an unexpected choppy ride home than the gheenoe.Its been a few times too many now of rough very wet rides back. Might call and see about a sea trial still open to one.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts