Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Skiff is home and ready to be rigged up!

2020 South Dade Skiff
16’
50” beam
Draft under 5”
Weight under 300lbs

Power is a 2020 Tohatsu 20hp EFI

The skiff will primarily be used for Fly Fishing in The Everglades and Biscayne Bay.

Attachments

·
Registered
Buggy Whip Aficionado
43 Posts
sweet little rig! Bet it floats on a wet sponge

Reactions: LowTideFly

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Sweet and simple! Congrats!

Reactions: LowTideFly

·
Registered
42 Posts
New Skiff is home and ready to be rigged up!

2020 South Dade Skiff
16’
50” beam
Draft under 5”
Weight under 300lbs

Power is a 2020 Tohatsu 20hp EFI

The skiff will primarily be used for Fly Fishing in The Everglades and Biscayne Bay.
Nice boat! I spoke with one of the owners at south dade skiffs a few weeks ago about their skiffs. They seem like good people and they know what their doing. I liked their build process overall. These guys even offered to take me out on a test ride. I wanted to buy one but was out of my price range at the time. I'm glad you were able to take advantage and bought this beauty. Congrats !

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got her registered and I’m getting closer to splashing her. The boat ramps in Miami are crazy right now!

Attachments

·
Paddling away...
6,402 Posts
Got her registered and I’m getting closer to splashing her. The boat ramps in Miami are crazy right now!
Only crazy on the weekends, and late during the week. We launched at 6am out of Crandon with no problems last week. But when we came back to pull out, it was a bit chaotic. Easy for us to get out, but the line to launch was insane.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
139 Posts
Love this boat! Might upgrade from my gheenoe.

Where are the rod holders?

How is the motor height without jack plate? How far is the cavitation plate above the bottom of the transom? I see a lot of these with jack plates.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Love this boat! Might upgrade from my gheenoe.

Where are the rod holders?

How is the motor height without jack plate? How far is the cavitation plate above the bottom of the transom? I see a lot of these with jack plates.
Rod holders will go under the gunnels.
I might add a Bob’s mini Jack Plate, I haven’t decided yet.
See attached picture for cavitation plate/transom.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
That’s great! I got mine registered and got the insurance too. It’s at a local shop install the Tohatsu. Waiting on my hull decals to come in. I’m hoping it’ll be ready by next week.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally got the Tohatsu broken in proper

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I’ve been watching these guys and have had a few conversations with them also. They are building a dang fine skiff at a price that is tough to beat!

Reactions: Myakka Red
1 - 20 of 35 Posts