Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*Sale Pending* 2019 NewWater Boatworks Willet Side Console

No need to wait 8+ months waitlist!!! Available now…

The carbon Willet...Thirty years of designing and developing the finest shallow water craft has led to the simplest yet most advanced skiff NewWater boats has thus far produced.

She is as quiet as a whisper and poles like a feather, and is a finely crafted minimal design skiff developed for the angler who appreciates a simple rig that must be easily propelled, run ultra-shallow, and able to go where water once was. The carbon Willet is for the individual that refuses to be penalized by unnecessary built-in tanks, livewells, liners, and systems.

Every square inch of the design was scrutinized to save weight. Structural elements were prescribed by one of the industry’s most sought after professionals with many years experience engineering top grand prix yachts from The America's Cup to Maxi 72 and TP52 champions. With the length of a flats boat and the weight of a much smaller micro skiff, the Willet excels in ride quality, range, load-carrying and shallow draft performance. No marketing hype, just impeccable detail and extreme performance!

Fully optioned out with all carbon fiber options and faux teak side console. Every effort was made to reduce weight while providing a superior fishing and boating experience.

Moving out-of-state only 6 hours on boat and motor…showroom pristine condition

SPECIFICATIONS

Side Console
L.O.A 18’-3"
Beam 62”
Fuel Capacity (portable) 9 gal.
Maximum HP 30
Cockpit 38 sq ft
Weight Approx (complete boat less engine) 240 lbs
Hull Draft (with engine and fuel) 2.5”
Honda 30hp Outboard with electric Tilt, Trim, & Start
Hydraulic Bob’s Jackplate

FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender-1.jpeg
IMG_2255-1.jpeg
IMG_2256-1.jpeg
IMG_2254-1.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender-1.jpeg
IMG_2255-1.jpeg
IMG_2256-1.jpeg
IMG_2254-1.jpeg
Price: $46,999 FIRM

If interested please text: (281) 221-66four6

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to pick up the carbon marine casting platform from this forum used and lighter than an aluminum one. It also adds contrast to the deck making it easier to see. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just curious why you repeatedly ask stupid questions on people’s classified ads? Last one was asking if the seller parked his boat under a pine tree. It’s ignorant and disrespectful, I’m sure many agree.
Seems like you are butthurt by his questions, as both of them have been relevant.

OP, gorgeous boat.

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
Seems like you are butthurt by his questions, as both of them have been relevant.

OP, gorgeous boat.
It’s not a discussion thread, it’s an ad. Now we’re debating on the man’s thread further distracting from it. If the guy has cash in hand and wants to buy it he can message or call the owner about why he parks his boat under pine trees or why the platforms don’t match or if he wants to come by, kick tires and lowball. This type of behavior is why people act like idiots on the water and in public in general and no one will call them on their BS which enables it to continue.
The OP liked my reply so it seems like he feels the same way.
Gorgeous boat...GLWS

·
Registered
283 Posts
Smack,
Respectfully, I asked the question as noted out of curiosity as I honestly wondered if there was a reason behind it and turns out there was...”adds contrast to the deck making it easier to see.” Not sure I understand how my innocent comment made the leap to “ignorant and disrespectful”....I’m sure some on here would agree. Maybe you and I should hit the reset button?

·
Registered
283 Posts
2019 NewWater Boatworks Willet Side Console

No need to wait 8+ months waitlist!!! Available now…

The carbon Willet...Thirty years of designing and developing the finest shallow water craft has led to the simplest yet most advanced skiff NewWater boats has thus far produced.

She is as quiet as a whisper and poles like a feather, and is a finely crafted minimal design skiff developed for the angler who appreciates a simple rig that must be easily propelled, run ultra-shallow, and able to go where water once was. The carbon Willet is for the individual that refuses to be penalized by unnecessary built-in tanks, livewells, liners, and systems.

Every square inch of the design was scrutinized to save weight. Structural elements were prescribed by one of the industry’s most sought after professionals with many years experience engineering top grand prix yachts from The America's Cup to Maxi 72 and TP52 champions. With the length of a flats boat and the weight of a much smaller micro skiff, the Willet excels in ride quality, range, load-carrying and shallow draft performance. No marketing hype, just impeccable detail and extreme performance!

Fully optioned out with all carbon fiber options and faux teak side console. Every effort was made to reduce weight while providing a superior fishing and boating experience.

Moving out-of-state only 6 hours on boat and motor…showroom pristine condition

SPECIFICATIONS

Side Console
L.O.A 18’-3"
Beam 62”
Fuel Capacity (portable) 9 gal.
Maximum HP 30
Cockpit 38 sq ft
Weight Approx (complete boat less engine) 240 lbs
Hull Draft (with engine and fuel) 2.5”
Honda 30hp Outboard with electric Tilt, Trim, & Start
Hydraulic Bob’s Jackplate

View attachment 90572 View attachment 90574 View attachment 90576 View attachment 90578 View attachment 90580 View attachment 90572 View attachment 90574 View attachment 90576 View attachment 90578 View attachment 90580 Price: $46,999 FIRM

If interested please text: (281) 221-66four6
Hey Cobra - thanks for your reply. You brought up a good point I never considered the benefits of a contrasting casting platform. Makes sense now that I think about it.....one night tarpon fishing under Gandy I nearly stepped off the matching casting platform exactly because of a lack of contrast. Free bump and GLWS someone’s going to get a beaut!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,169 Posts
I would darn near lay a check on that boat -but- I already put a deposit on a Stilt and strongly considered a Willet, points of contention being lack of a hatch on the bow deck, no gas-fill port on the front deck (I prefer a permanent mounted gas tank, depending on ease of tank removal from under front deck to fill) and minimal area on the rear deck. Plus I prefer a lower and front-oriented poling platform like is on the Stilt. And it is 20' long...

All that said, this boat is simply gorgeous. I think it serves notice that the Florida skiff manufacturers are not the only game in town...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
commtrd,

Yes true, all valid points. We all know that every boat is a series of compromises and trade-offs it becomes a matter of how you prioritize features and functionalities for your intended use of the skiff. For me, I wanted the ultimate micro skiff that would run long distances ultra-ultra skinny (3"). I prioritized weight to HP, complete ease of polling, workable deck surface area to fish up to 3, an the ability to get to spots to sight cast the reds and trout on the fly or conventionally. I do not need to turn this boat in circles to get up in skinny water and since it is not rear ass heavy but balanced end to end - since I find myself am almost always floating in the skinniest of water, that's all I need to punch the throttle and get on plane.

Tim at NewWater was very deliberate in the niche use cases for each of his 5 boat models. Having fished all five models, this was the best fit for my style of fishing.

Additionally, I have come to appreciate the portable/removable fuel tank (which does have a permanent mounted carbon-fiber tray. I can change out the size of the fuel container based on my needs and load on a trip by trip basis. I can refuel away from the boat with ethanol-free gas (no spilling fuel on the gel coat). If I need to store the boat, I can remove the tank, inspect it, empty it into my truck and have the confidence empty is empty and full is full. Just a different definition of convenience based on use case! Thanks for your perspective and comments!!!

·
Registered
1999 Whipray, 2017 Tohatsu MFS50
756 Posts
I would darn near lay a check on that boat -but- I already put a deposit on a Stilt and strongly considered a Willet, points of contention being lack of a hatch on the bow deck, no gas-fill port on the front deck (I prefer a permanent mounted gas tank, depending on ease of tank removal from under front deck to fill) and minimal area on the rear deck. Plus I prefer a lower and front-oriented poling platform like is on the Stilt. And it is 20' long...

All that said, this boat is simply gorgeous. I think it serves notice that the Florida skiff manufacturers are not the only game in town...
What happened to your pro?
(good to see you posting again, BTW)

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,169 Posts
That fuel tank info is good stuff. Looked like from pictures (not seen one in person) it might be a pain to get a newly filled tank back in place. Far as my Professional, I had lost job and been out of work for a while so needed better capitalization to trade with. Subsequently got on at a new plant being built here and bumming about missing my boat that I should not have sold. More discussion on HB vs New Water etc could be done, but not to de-rail this thread illegitimately...

Anyway back to the Willet: sure is tempting but I fished on a Stilt with Chuck Naiser and was super impressed with the Stilt. Who ever buys this Willet is going to get a fine boat.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts