Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
BBA Counselor
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol. I actually emailed them 2 years ago. I was going to see about getting sponsored by Bateau.com since I'm building one of their boats. They rejected me, saying you have to be a full time boat builder with a decent output each year. Then I see they amended the rules to be more in line with that.

If you ask me it will get boring quick with just the same 2-3 boat builders each year.

·
FlounderPounder
1,239 Posts
Lol. I actually emailed them 2 years ago. I was going to see about getting sponsored by Bateau.com since I'm building one of their boats. They rejected me, saying you have to be a full time boat builder with a decent output each year. Then I see they amended the rules to be more in line with that.

If you ask me it will get boring quick with just the same 2-3 boat builders each year.
SeaPro appears to be in it this year

·
FlounderPounder
1,239 Posts
Hopefully they can speed thru some more no wake zones again this year. I hear they're adding extra points for hitting manatees this race.
If you hit one good you don’t even need the filet knife. They can go straight on the grill!

Steve - I hope Maverick enters an S! Call them and find out! They might tell you!

I also saw where this is the first year they are allowing boat manufacturers from outside Florida to enter the race.

·
Lowcountry Degen
1,652 Posts
So..... Sea Pro just entered a bay boat? Wtf?
Just looked it up -- they call it their "172 Bay Skiff" but it's not that different from Panga entering. Plus, they are still limited by a 70hp. I personally think the boat will be underpowered and won't do as well as a lighter/narrower boat, but who knows.

If I were to build a boat for this, it would be a fairly narrow self-bailing skiff with a decent amount of deadrise and a little bit of height to the bow, with a nice big fuel tank. And one of those fancy shock-ride seats :D

·
Registered
984 Posts
I did see the HB boat when I dropped off mine for some glass work. It looked really good considering the beating it took for that trip. I don't remember seeing any stress crack in the transom. I can't imagine the beating that boat or operators took.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts