Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

21 - 40 of 134 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,373 Posts
The primary difference is that the EVO is shorter, 17’9” vs 19’2”. It doesn’t have sponsons either. So the EVO is lighter than the Vantage. The EVOx is even lighter still and has less deadrise so drafts even less than the regular EVO.

Watch some of the EVO and Vantage videos on East Capes channel on YouTube.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The primary difference is that the EVO is shorter, 17’9” vs 19’2”. It doesn’t have sponsons either. So the EVO is lighter than the Vantage. The EVOx is even lighter still and has less deadrise so drafts even less than the regular EVO.

I shouldha

I should have said that I just fished in an Evo x with a guide in Hopedale, La. last week. But I’ve never seen a Vantage. I’ve seen the videos but not the boat, hence the question.
Thanks
John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why the aft trolling motor mount? The reason I am asking is i originally put one on my Vantage, but wound up removing it as I never really used it. It would up just being something for people to trip over.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,373 Posts
Why the aft trolling motor mount? The reason I am asking is i originally put one on my Vantage, but wound up removing it as I never really used it. It would up just being something for people to trip over.
Aft mount is for running in rough water. You move the TM to the back so it doesn't get bounced around from the bow bouncing. The TM control modules don't appreciate all the beating. Letting one sit up front and take the beating, is a great way to send it to an early grave.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I added the aft mount on my VHP due to the beating my trolling motor took on my Pathfinder 24. But what i found on the VHP was the ride profile was much softer (and I was not willing to run in as rough of water). so after a couple of years of not using it (but stepping on it) i took it off. My I-pilot is 3-4 years old and no problems, so if I was buying an EVO X i would not add it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Met with Kevin and Adam today to finalize the build. I am up next.. Looking forward to see the EVOx as it comes together.
Cool right behind you . You go with the thick rod holders ? What was the price difference to the white Suzuki.

21 - 40 of 134 Posts